TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Alright friends I encountered my first big problem (at least to me it's big) on my TT. Saturday

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 05:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alright friends I encountered my first big problem (at least to me it's big) on my TT. Saturday

night my friend and I went for a canyon run, as I was taking a sharp turn to the left my brake & gas pedal felt like it vibrated and made a weird noise. So I tried it again and it did it again. I pulled of the road and checked the front of my wheels and under the car and couldn't see anything. Oh and everytime it did this my ESP light came on. So I decided to turn my ESP off, and to my surprise it didn't do it anymore. So my question to you is what's going on? Is it one of my sensors, and is that covered under my warranty? Thanks for your help.
OBTW good morning to all ! !
Old 08-14-2006, 05:53 AM

... Maybe your wheels were spinning randomly due to the dust and ESP was taking over?
Old 08-14-2006, 06:04 AM

Default Hmmmm...I don't think so, cause I tried it yesterday as well as I was coming out of the freeway and

it did it again.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Morning Sal......strange to hear you having a prob with yer TT. Hope you

get it sorted buddy ;-)
Old 08-14-2006, 06:10 AM

Default that was the ESP system funtioning as it should...

it detected a turn too sharp and was dragging the inside rear brake to correct.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:10 AM

Default Good morning Dave......Yeah it's weird, this car has been really good to me for the past year. I'm

so confused right now. I don't know what to do. If I take it to the dealer I don't know if they will honor my warranty with all my mods. This happened after I installed my front sway bar, I'm wondering if maybe in the process of my sway bar being installed they maybe knocked one of the senosors loose or something. I am hoping is that.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:13 AM

Default But it never never has done that before, and I have taken many sharp turns b4. This started

happening after my front sway was installed, could it be maybe one of my sensors was knocked loose? Are the gas & brake pedal suppose to vibrate like that as well? HELP! !
Old 08-14-2006, 06:16 AM

Default just sounds like a fluke...

if you've never gotten it to kick in before, you haven't been driving very hard! I always turn mine off during spirited drives or at the track because it's quite intrusive. Alternatively, you could have a lateral acceleration sensor failing.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'd have a read through the terms and conditions of the warranty first. I'll

keep my fingers crossed that it's okay, and hopefully like the other's have put - it's just the ESP doing it's job. ;-)

Strange how you haven't noticed it before though ?

I'm having a funny spell with the Lexus at the mo - I have this strange kinda gassy sound coming from the front driver's side wheel area everytime I head sharply around a left bend (that's right bend to you guys..hehe...I really gotta think on this site).

I'm kinda just thinking off ignoring it for the time being, as I don't do many miles, plus this time next Monday I'll be sat on that plane heading for Florida.....yeeeeeehaaah.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I know my brake pedal vibrates like hell if the ABS kicks in, so this hopefully

is just the ESP on the TT.

Quick Reply: Alright friends I encountered my first big problem (at least to me it's big) on my TT. Saturday