TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Am I the only one who is completely unhappy with audis lack of problem fixes for the TT?

Old 12-31-2000, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I the only one who is completely unhappy with audis lack of problem fixes for the TT?

I really don't like to rant, but I just can't shake my anger. Why can't they fix their damn cars? I'd honestly much rather have one big issue that has to be recalled and gets fixed than a bunch of tiny, cheap, nagging problems that, depending on who you ask, audi may or may not admit exist. It's disheartening to spend 40k on a car and have to deal with a list of minor annoyances that should have been acknowledged and fixed a long time ago. Diverter valves, CD interferance, buzzing light switches. I mean c'mon, what kind of clip joint are they running? They price and market their cars as luxury yet they leave us to suffer with problems that make the car seem anything but luxury. It's sad when I can get answers from this forum that the service departments have never heard of. I love the car, it's great otherwise. I just sometimes feel like I'm getting ripped off, from a company service standpoint. They can send us cutesy christmas cards a books about the history of audi but they can't fix problems. Is their energy focused in the right direction? Anyway, sorry for the long rant.
Old 12-31-2000, 10:16 AM

I am in total agreement with you there...at $40 k there shouldnt be bug's
Old 12-31-2000, 10:19 AM

Default sell the car then

stop ranting and enjoy the car. if you don't like it then sell it.
Old 12-31-2000, 10:21 AM

maybe you should read next time. I love the car, audi itself is the problem
Old 12-31-2000, 10:47 AM

Agree...love car but bugs should have been fixed long ago.
Old 12-31-2000, 10:57 AM

Default Re: Your propensity to whine a lot...

Hooo Boy! Another one who doesn't understand that this is a hand built specailty car that you are able to buy for chump change. What did you expect? $40 is NOTHING for this type of car. At this time there are a few glitches and there probably always will be. No car is perfect. If you can't deal with a few little annoyances (that the manufacturer is doing quite a bit to fix, thank you very much) then cough up about 20 large more and buy a Boxster. Until your mountain of pennies reaches that high, drive the car and stop with the whining.
Old 12-31-2000, 11:04 AM
gtt
AudiWorld Super User

Default My probs are minimal, buzzing lights...

lucky to have purchased the low budget model. Realize though that every car I've owned has had problems, mostly assembly issues and delivery problems. In the old days though we dealt with rust, bad electrics and on and on. I still believe the ergonomics of VW/Audi are wonderful. Seats, suspension, instrumentation and driving experience. Nothing is perfect. Many Japanese cars and even Fords built in Mexico are high quality but just bland vehicles. Just turn up the stereo, dash lights buy a dv IF NECESSARY (cheap, easy) and drive. Life is too short to stress too much. I should know ;-)
Old 12-31-2000, 11:08 AM

Default I pay $40k for a car...if it's not right, damn right I am gonna complain

I never enjoy paying for something that doesnt perform like it's supposed to.Just like if I didnt do my job right I would wind up doing it again or offering a refund.So the same should be for this car regardless of it being cool looking or a bargain.$40k doesnt fall from trees for me and I would like to get some value for my money...
That is not to say I dislike the car more like the aftersales service and attitude.
Old 12-31-2000, 11:23 AM

Default Empathize with you...Ever see a stunning knockout guy/girl?

But they may be psychotic, a serial killer, have some disabling malady...but they look great on the "outside." Perhaps that is what you mean.

Actually, The TT IS a great car...Audi's client relations "suck." They spend $millions on surveys, hype, etc., but their engineering needs some fine tuning. Their parts suppliers must be holdovers from the Yugo days.

Perhaps you think you own an MG? Triumph? early model Jag? Nah, you have a Freeman Thomas car.

Hang in there. You haven't been ripped off. You simply have to reapportion more time for service calls and repairs. Maybe Audi should provide a "frequent miles" program for all our visits in to get things fixed! Get additonal warranty coverage based on number of miles traveled back and forth to a servicing dealer. :-)
Old 12-31-2000, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default A guy I work with bought a Boxster last summer.....

he had constant problems with it. So even at 20 large more, still doesn't mean your going to get a perfect car.

I agree with you, no car is perfect.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Am I the only one who is completely unhappy with audis lack of problem fixes for the TT?