TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Another TT delivered: fantastic, but one of my xenon's died

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-1999, 01:45 PM
aaront

Default Another TT delivered: fantastic, but one of my xenon's died

Been waiting for over three months, and my Silver/black interior TTQ arrived in Seattle this week. I picked it up at University Audi on Thursday evening (my dealer had jury duty, and wasn't available during the day). I thought my car was going to be performance package only (that's what I asked for), but they delivered a loaded car. Not my first choice, but it turns out I love the heated seats, and the integration of the trip computer and the Bose and everything else is pretty cool. I've been giving all my friends rides, and making up reasons to drive across town. On Wednesday, I hope to head down to California to visit friends and family over the holidays.

All is wonderful, except I turned on the lights today, only to have the "a bulb is out" icon come up after a few seconds. I got out of the car and walked around, and to my great disbelief the passenger side xenon headlight is dead! Waaah! I sure hope they can fix it easily, or I'll have to change my xmas plans quick.

Anybody else had a xenon fail?

Aaron
Old 12-19-1999, 02:27 PM
AkRascal

Default Yes, first time I drove it in snow....

surprisingly after a night in my garage, it came back on, and has been working fine ever since. This happened almost three months ago.
Old 12-19-1999, 09:39 PM
aaront

Default Self medication

Now you've got me going out to the garage every couple hours to check if the headlight has healed itself. No luck yet. Dang you ;-)

Taking it into the Audi service department in the morning.
Old 12-20-1999, 06:40 AM
Jim Torongo

Should be a snap tp fix, bulbs cost a ton but last forever