TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Any Chicago TT'ers!!! I'll be in Chicago tomorrow if NE1 has suggestions on good places to eat dtwn

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2002, 01:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Chicago TT'ers!!! I'll be in Chicago tomorrow if NE1 has suggestions on good places to eat dtwn

Ill be going to Chicago tomorrow & stating there with my wife till Monday. If anybody has any suggestions on good places to eat or other good things to go do.
Old 09-12-2002, 01:10 PM

Steak = Gibsons - the best imo. Plus it's in a fun area.
Old 09-12-2002, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default If you are really downtown by the loop here is my 2 cents...

If you like really authentic gourmet mexican try Frontera Grill on Clark St (Rick Bayless Chef)and have a topolomargarita. This is well worth it and by far the best of below. Long wait potentially or they do take reservations for part of the resturant called Topolobombo...which is the even higher end portion of the place.

Keefers at Kenzie and Dearborn is good for American.

Seafood...Shaws Crab House on Hubbard, Bob Chins on the River just opened at Wells Street on the north side of the river.

Really expensive 5 star-Everest in the Board of Trade...

Sullivan's (chain) for steak at Hubbard and Dearborn, or Smith & Wolenski at State St and the river (north side of it) is the best of the ones around the country.
Old 09-12-2002, 01:23 PM

ok folks, who wants to get together to take him out fo dinner?
Old 09-12-2002, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default For things to do...

Take one of the architectural boat tours from the river by Michigan ave or Navy Pier and make sure you take one of the long ones that goes down the river and out into the lake. It is somewhat fun to people watch at Navy Pier but I would rather just spend a day shopping along North Michigan Ave or the Lincoln Park Zoo is interesting. Go to north avenue beach, there is a structure on the beach that looks like a ship that has a cafe and bar on top...you can watch a million people on the beach and playing volleyball.

Needless to say the Art Institute for art if you have not been there.
Old 09-12-2002, 01:39 PM

Default wow!!! thanks everybody !!!lots to do .

the pier is a sure thing. My wife is already there & I am meeting her for the weekend. I will take everyones suggestions with me. Thanks!!
Old 09-12-2002, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I hope the weather holds out for you...also go for drinks at night on top of the Hancock....

building on North Michigan Ave on the 96th floor in the Signature Lounge. Drink prices resonable and get a window seat on the west side towards the south for an incredible view. Better than any of the observatories in the Sears Tower or the Hancock and you take your time at a table without all the people (tourists) banging into you. This is a great one if the skies are clear. tell your wife to go to the ladies room up there. The stalls face the windows and have an amazing south view of all of downtown.
Old 09-12-2002, 02:05 PM

Default I might be pursuaded to join in an after work HH...esp if on north/near north LP area.

The new Chins might be fun - I LOVE the Wheeling restaurant.
Old 09-12-2002, 02:05 PM

get my email last week? btw, can't do dinner tomorrow
Old 09-12-2002, 02:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A Couple of suggestions

Dining:

1) Naha: Contemporary American located on Clark several blocks north of the river.

2) Shaghai Terrace: Hong Kong Chinese located in the Pennisula Hotel

3) Blackbird: Contemporary American on Randolph just east of the Kennedy expressway

4) Tavern on Rush: Rush and Bellvue, food very good but outdoor seating makes people watching quite entertaining. Best times are Saturday/Sunday afternoon. If it is warm so will be the scenery.

5) Four Seasons Dining Room: New chef makes this traditional dining room really special.

Activities:

The Art Institute of Chicago: Gerhard Richter exhibit Michigan Avenue and Adams

Chihuly exhibit at the Garfield Park Conservatory: incredible glasswork surrounded by equally stunning flora. Need to cab to Garfield Park on west, west Lake Street, approximately 5 miles from downtown.

Quick Reply: Any Chicago TT'ers!!! I'll be in Chicago tomorrow if NE1 has suggestions on good places to eat dtwn