TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

any other tt owners in youngstown,or akron,ohio?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-1999, 07:10 AM
MIKE

Default any other tt owners in youngstown,or akron,ohio?

ive had my black tt fwd since may, and have yet to see another audi tt in my area. saw two in pittsburgh but id like to know if anyone is in the area . lets hope so so we can perhaps get a group together for some fall drive through our parks and some pictures for posting here. hope to hear from you ,,
Old 10-03-1999, 09:10 AM
Ari Jay Comet

Default Cleveland, Ohio.. close enough!?

Hey there.. I'd be GLAD to meet up and talk TT stuff and cruise around - ANY TIME!

I live on the east side of Cleveland in a suburb named Beachwood (you may know the mall here, hehe!). My girlfriend goes to Kent State for graduate school, so i am down in the Kent/Akron area quite often.

If you'd like to arrange a meeting let me know. I would LOVE to make some sort of a Cleveland TT gathering (on a regular basis?) - that would be wonderful!

I even have a local Cleveland dealer who would probably let us visit them - talk to their service guys - and play around with the 2 new S4's they got in!

Later,
Ari
Old 10-03-1999, 01:35 PM
mike

Default Re: Cleveland, Ohio.. close enough!?

thanks for the reply Ari,i got my tt at cascade in akron,lets see if anyone else wants to get together, it would be great to have some type of tt owners local group. im a dentist in youngstown,always have thursdays off..mike
Old 10-03-1999, 03:34 PM
Ron G

Just passed through Cleveland a few days ago, on my way out to Indiana from New Hampshire. Stopped off at the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame, and when my wife and I came out of the museum, we saw of bunch of folks gawking at my TT, which was parked at the small parking lot right across the street. Seems like not many folk there have even heard of the TT.

Cool place, the RnRHoF.

Ron
Old 10-03-1999, 05:27 PM
Ari Jay Comet

Default Rock and roll city... sorta... :-)

Cleveland is the armpit of the world in many regards. But hey, like you mentioned, we do have the rock hall. (but the Browns stink!).

I have lived here all my life, and still have yet to go to the Rock Hall of Fame. Most people say it is fun, but hardly worth the cost. Oh well!

On TT content, though, the sightings here are slim to none. I know my local dealer has sold a bunch - but obviously not enough to warrant seeing them around.

I've seen a silver one this lady drivers to work, but only a few times. And once i saw another black one downtown. They are slim pickin's around here, I guess.

I like that. It is fun to have a stock car that is still exotic enough in regular fashion to be such a statement. Ohhhh la la!

(Or to quote "Scent of a Women" - "wooooha" hehehe..)..

-Ari
Old 10-03-1999, 10:25 PM
Adam

Default kind of

I'm from Youngstown, just moved to Northern Cali and put an order in for a 225TTQ which should be here in April/May time frame. I find this post interesting because I'm pretty sure I've seen you and your gorgeous car in Youngstown (I was there the whole summer). Is your girlfriend Sarah Simpson, who lives on Logan Arms? I used to go to school with her. I saw a black TT at her house a few times when driving by to go to my house (which is also on that street). I love the car and just wanted to say that it was your car that persuaded me to get one myself! I'm getting denim blue with grey interior. Who knows, maybe I'll drive it back to Ohio sometime

Adam Schwebel<ul><li><a href="http://www.the-breadman.com">the-breadman.com</a></li></ul>
Old 10-05-1999, 12:34 PM
Gary

I would be interested. I live near beachwood and work in Euclid. I don't have my TT Quattro yet I should get it in December. Keep in touch...I'd love to participate. Gcooper@lincolnelectric.com