TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Any thoughts on Griots Garage cleaning products?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 07:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any thoughts on Griots Garage cleaning products?

Car wash, glass cleaner, wax, clay, etc...
Old 09-02-2003, 07:35 PM

Default Yes, overpriced......go with 1 Grand omega glaze and with can of carbuba wax

I mix my own window cleaner with iso alcohol, water and white vinegar for great results....
Old 09-02-2003, 07:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Used some of their stuff - good quality - good service. No problems. Very happy

I use their clay bar, wheel cleaner, polishes, wax pads....not a single complaint. Prices might seem hight, but they are quality. If you are not happy, they will refund your $. Lifetime warranty on just about everything. Can't beat them for service.

Paul
Old 09-02-2003, 10:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Overpriced and I could do without their catalog subscription

You can get better products for cheaper. Try the link below for one of the uber-detailing supply sites on the web. Personally I'm a huge fan of One Grand and P21S products.<ul><li><a href="http://www.carcareonline.com">http://www.carcareonline.com</a</li></ul>
Old 09-02-2003, 10:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I use those and more. Griot's is great stuff that IMO is worth the extra $.
Old 09-03-2003, 03:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Count me in the long-time users group...

Debated a long time before making the investment, but the big yellow bucket and the boars hair brush (about $100 total) are worth EVERY penny. One of my friends runs a body shop and does Merc/Porsche/Ferrari/Jag work, and the only thing he'll put on new paint is boars hair brushes. That sold me, but what is great is how much time it saves you. The brush holds soapy water, gets in every crack and crevice where you can't get a wash mitt, and you cover a lot of surface area very quickly. Their big yellow microfiber drying towel is super, and I have yet to wring it out when washing all 3 of my vehicles (TT, 4Runner, Avalanche), but I use the water blade first, and it gets most of the water off.
Got the PC and use their pads and microfiber wax removal bonnets, which are so thick and soft it's amazing. Wheel cleaner is pretty good, but I don't know if it's any better than some of the OTC products. Their rubber dressing stuff is also amazing on dashes, door panels (non-leather) and plastic trim on the outside, and doesn't have any silicone in it.
Some of their stuff is pretty pricey and can be beat. For ex, in the catalogue, they have a nice aluminum folding "platform" for standing on when you're doing the top of tall vehicles. It's over $100 and made in GE. I found basically the same thing in Home Depot for $34 (works great by the way, on 2 of the above veh :&gt )
I even ordered the black and red Piloti driving shoes from them, but that was because I liked the color better than the regular retail Piloti choices. Price was the same as at the retail or internet level.
Overall, in 10 years, I've never bought anything from them that wasn't first rate in it's application.
Shipping from W Coast to East coast gets expensive, tho...
Fig
Old 09-03-2003, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Very good quality but overpriced.

I've used pretty much everything they make at one point or another but will not be buying any more for two reasons: 1. They are too costly, I can get other stuff that is just as good for less or better for the same price. 2. They were very stingy when asked to sponsor TT-East - other companies (some much smaller) were more generous and easier to deal with.
Old 09-03-2003, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

LOVE them....its all I use.