TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Anyone been able to order their TT the way they like it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-1999, 10:13 PM
Vic

Default Anyone been able to order their TT the way they like it?

It seems that every dealer I talk to only wants to sell their TTs fully optioned. Have any TT owners been able to order their cars with only the options that you wanted at MSRP?

The dealers are just try maximise their profit by selling the TT this way.

I don't need the fancy stereo or comfort package I just love the TT with those optional 17" wheels.

I live in Washington state.

Thanks,

Vic
Old 12-10-1999, 10:48 PM
Cliff Melick

Nope--Tried to getallbut bose--but guess what I'm listening to? Wonder why they call them Options?? (nt)
Old 12-11-1999, 05:41 AM
Jack

Been able to order what you want in Florida (nt)
Old 12-11-1999, 07:21 AM
Rick (Virginia)

Default I didnt have a choice, but my dealer let me take a TTQ that was already on the ship...

The options I wanted and got:

Performance Package (HID, wheels, suspension)
All leather seating in Grey
Desert Green color

The options I didnt want but got:

Comfort Package (Seats, Computer)
CD Player
? "Premium" (sic) Audio System

To be honest, I really like the Seat heaters and Computer. The seat heaters are nice when you are driving around with the windows open at night. I think you will use them a lot in the Northeast. I am from Canada, and when I moved to Virginia, i said "ha...I'll never use those seat heaters in Virginia", but I use them quite a bit.

The stereo is not horrible in itself. That is, until you think about the insane price and see what you can get aftermarket for the same amount.

Did I mention that the trip computer just looks plain cool at night?

Rick.
Old 12-11-1999, 07:28 AM
Chuck C.

Default Re: Anyone been able to order their TT the way they like it?

Yes.Dealer will order my 225 on Monday for end February to mid-March delivery! He has first one in his December allotment and it has my name on it. MSRP not yet known. I'll sell my 180Q when it arrives. He says options are unbundled -- Lights, wheels, heated seats, Bose now a la carte. Thinks trip computer will be standard. I'll let you know pricing when I hear.
Old 12-11-1999, 07:43 AM
Pete D

Yup. Wife ordered her TT exactly the way she wanted it, and the dealer (also in Washington State) ordered it when Audi first started dealer allotments. She got it in the second delivery of TTQs that the dealer received.
Placed order w/dealer end of June. Dealer deposited our check (refundable deposit) about 6 weeks later, and the car arrived early October.
Old 12-11-1999, 07:45 AM
John TT

Default I think they try to steer you to all options in case you decide you don't want the car >

People do change their minds. I think its easiest for them to move fully loaded cars if you back out of your order.

When I ordered my 225 yesterday, my dealer even seemed a little dissapointed that I ordered Desert Green.
Old 12-11-1999, 07:47 AM
Pete D

Default she didn't order...

the "standard" car that a dealer might order. Silver with aviator grey leather interior, performance and display packages (17" wheels, xezons, heated seats, radio display), but without BOSE and CD player. Dealer said the grey interior was the first one they had seen, and have since asked us if prospective customers could look at it prior ro their ordering.
Old 12-11-1999, 08:39 AM
april

Any way you want - so long as the factory makes it (nt)
Old 12-11-1999, 10:34 AM
Grib

My dealer ordered exactly what I wanted (Bose option only). The Bose may not be great (can't say I've heard it yet), but I didn't want to fool with aftermarket stuff. It's sitting in the Houston port, so I guess I can say that I got what I ordered.

Quick Reply: Anyone been able to order their TT the way they like it?