TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Anyone notice there are more and more "left-lane hogs" on the roads these days....

Old 08-31-2003, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone notice there are more and more "left-lane hogs" on the roads these days....

What is the deal with that? Seems like there is always some idiot cruising along on the interstate in the left lane, 5mph above the limit, blocking the flow. Then they speed up when you try to pass on the right. Then after you go 100 to get around them they catch up again and ride your ***. I really wasn't in the mood so I finally just hung back and let them be. Must be something about the TT that brings out this behavior in others. Either they can't stand being passed, or they can't stop looking at it, or both. =)
Old 08-31-2003, 07:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default anyone driving in the left lane should be passing, or getting out of the way of anyone from behind..

going much faster...I'm not going to park in the passing lane ... I can not imagine how someone can test fate like this...if someones closing on me at 120+ ...I am going to get the F out of the way...safety first...it's not our job to police/enforce the 1.....
the flip side of this is...that said we need to be courteous of those that we pass (save our butts too) and differential speed is what the hiway patrol is looking out for....

...if there's a guy going 150+ with no cars around and one that going 120+ within traffic guess who their going after?
Old 08-31-2003, 08:10 PM

Default I agree. I'll ride in the left lane going over the limit but I'll be the one to move over if someone

is coming up behind me going faster than I am.
Old 08-31-2003, 08:19 PM

Default I agree, no matter how fast you're going, its always better...

to move over to the right and let faster traffic pass, instead of trying to "enforce" the law or dictate others speed by staying in the left lane. The gal in front of me in the left lane was going 80 and I came up on her only doing about 85, but she would not move over for anyone. This went on for about 30 miles. The worst part was she would speed up when being passed on the right. The traffic was just heavy enough that there were slower cars & trucks in the right lane limiting the amount of time availabel to pass on the right.
Old 08-31-2003, 08:39 PM

Yes ... The Toyota Camery, Drivers and Moms in SUV's
Old 08-31-2003, 09:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default at least they are going 5mph over!!!

here they go 5 to 10 mph under... and like to ride side by side with someone else going 5 to 10mph under inthe right lane.....

Usually they are just in their own little world, so I flash my lights at them and 90% of the time they get over and let me by.

Sometimes though, they are completely clueless or even rude like they own the left lane
Old 08-31-2003, 09:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default why the hell do people do that? its not like your gong to get in front of her

just so you can slow down to 70 and hold her up...

5 minutes and you'll be way the hell ahead of her and she can go on as she was before.

morons
Old 08-31-2003, 09:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default well, the hawaii census says more people left hawaii then came in- so my bet is they must have moved

to your state

I've finally stopped shaking my head and started passing on the right.
Old 09-01-2003, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default The left lane is the slow lane in New Jersey.

This frustrated me to no end when I was there. Unfortunately, I've found that other states have adopted this same custom. It hasn't seemed to matter what car I'm driving... : )

Rich
Old 09-01-2003, 06:49 AM

Don't forget those Mini-Vans...they're the worst

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone notice there are more and more "left-lane hogs" on the roads these days....