TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

APR chip and Forge Rally Blow off valve installed today.

Old 12-30-2000, 03:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APR chip and Forge Rally Blow off valve installed today.

Check this out. I got both package today and installed them myself in less than an hour. I expected the worst, but actually I was impressed beyond my expectations. I thought that I was going to have lots of turbo lag with the new valve, but nope not me! I love that sound and it feels so much faster now. I smell the exhaust a little bit, but it doesn't bother me at all. I am a very picky person, so everything has to be right or around there. With the new chip, it plays well with the new valve. I have so much power now that I can't keep from spinning the wheel even under light throttle. Best of all, I love the PSshhhh...sound the most. I don't care if I am a rice rocket TT. I got what I want and I don't care. My car is a beast. Waiting for the Pipercross air filter kit and KW coilovers. Custom exhaust with 5Zigen Fireball exhaust and 2.5" Cat-back piping underway.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Laterz,

GeTTin
Old 12-30-2000, 04:02 PM

Where do you think the exhaust smell comes from?
Old 12-30-2000, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I think I smell Uncle Ben's cooking ;-)
Old 12-30-2000, 04:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I call *shenanigans*.......just doesn't seem right
Old 12-30-2000, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I suspect you'll be wiping soot off your back bumper too.
Old 12-30-2000, 05:15 PM

Default Okay I'm back.

I have test driven the car for about a good hour now and on and off. I find that as the turbo gets hotter, the blow off valve seems to blow off less frequently. Do you think the valve is boost creeping? This means that when the turbo spools up and creates the pressure needed to make that blow off sound, there is sort of a leak while building this pressure. I think the valve may not be holding up too well with the new chip and higher boost levels. I may be wrong. I checked to see if there were any crimps on any of the hoses. None visible. Sometimes it sounds and soumetimes it doesn't. I don't know anymore... you guys jinxed me!!! Maybe, I should just settle with this or maybe I should go with the DV 006 valve. Stratmosphere sent me another spring, I think I might swap and see what the difference does. Hottub or anyone else, do you know if the other spring that they send are rated stiffer or softer? Do you think that this spring will work as far as making the sound louder and more consistent? I will update this info as much as I can.

Confused...
Old 12-31-2000, 06:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I didn't receive the *extra* springs so I dunno....[more]

As far as *boost creep* is concerned, I didn't feel that it was a problem, if anything I thought it to be *really* a monster in building boost (I am still @ stock boost though)

Does it feel like you are losing power or just the sound?

It may be the same thing that I noticed which was that the sound BOV makes 2 different sounds depending on the boost level, rpm, etc.

-the first is more of a ttsssshhhhh

and the other being the *chipmunks* playing guns
*tew-tew-tew* as it releases pressure with a *soft* ttsssshhhh overlayed on top of it.

Keep us posted