TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

APR Stage III=Dissapointing!?!?

Old 04-23-2006, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APR Stage III=Dissapointing!?!?

Well I read this and thought you guys might want to check it out. Sorry if it's a repost but damn...whoever it is (don't know if you post here or not) describes a monster car yet he runs 13.8@98mph? WTF...old 240sx would smoke it with just a SR20det and 250rwhp. Anyways...he lists a bunch of excuses and hopefully they have merit cause those numbers blow. Everyone has an off day I guess...just hope someone else shows that this thing has more potential...for $6,000 it better.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2539660
Old 04-23-2006, 11:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I had a ride in the red test bed (2002TT). It's fast. The owner only got to drive the car for 1

day.

As you probably know, drag racing is a different game. Track conditions are a huge part of success or failure. That run was in April on a cold track with an admitted poor drag pilot. Hell, his reaction time was about a second.

Anyway, I saw the car at APR back in March. I wouldn't pick on that one.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Dyno would be a more appropriate gauge. 3400lb TTR is not a drag racer...

Niether is my FWD Stage3 TTR.
Bald tires and poor shifting don't help.
But at least he had the ***** to post those #'s.
Give him a break-he just got the kit and it takes a bit of time to find those new shift points. (It's not some honda with an automatic.) That and the fact that maybe he doesn't want to blow up his tranny. And it was on a 'torn up' track.

6G's is not that expensive considering it is a reliable, integrated sytem that has excellent everyday driveability. My kit was only 4k back then, about 40,000 miles ago. Did I mention reliable?
Old 04-24-2006, 04:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default link in question >>

<ul><li><a href="http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2539660">http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2539660</a</li></ul>
Old 04-24-2006, 05:26 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default You're an idiot to come to that conclusiuon...>>

You don't know Chris, You don't know the car. When finally done it will be at 400+hp. It is scary fast according to him. Mine is fast with 100hp less so I can only imagine. BTW I talked to him minutes after he got his first drive in the car. Anybody can granny a car down a 1/4 mile track. If your not serious or don't want to beat on your car the times will show it..Chris isn't a drag racer
Would you go out and beat on a car you just spent $10K+ on and hadn't even driven in 6 months?
Old 04-24-2006, 05:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

LOL - grab a decaf!!!
Old 04-24-2006, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Nah...I have work to do!..>>

Gotta build some more of those power-robbing VTDA's....:-)
Old 04-24-2006, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default As Chris says, he is a terrible drag racer, as I am also. A good drag racer could easily get

mid 12's with his setup, but then again, you would probably be replacing the clutch pretty soon.

There are alot of chipped TT's that have run mid to low 13's. I am not sure I want to beat on mine like that.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:56 AM

Default Reading comprehension a bit low? Or did you just fail to read the whole post?

"In another post about this, we discussed how torn up the track is. I don't know that I'd go with those numbers as accurate (the cars in the other lane were consistently trapping between 40 and 60 or therabouts; also, cars that had been to that track before were seeing significantly lower numbers as well)."

First of all, the track wasn't measuring things accurately. I posted those numbers because those were the numbers I had, and I knew people would ask for them.

Second, after driving the car for a grand total of about an hour and a half (80% of that on the highway), I didn't know the car well enough to know where its shift points were. I was shifting at the same points I did on the stock turbo -- big no-no.

Third, I don't give a damn about drag racing. At all. If I wanted to go fast in a straight line, there's no way I would have bought a German car -- unless it was an aircooled Beetle.

All that said, if you have any other questions, I'd be happy to answer them for you.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:59 AM

I think you covered about everything I said, but in a much more articulate way. Thanks! ;-)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: APR Stage III=Dissapointing!?!?