TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Audi TT die-cast model (1:18) from Revell for ~$22

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-1999, 05:32 AM
UCLA TT Fan

Default Audi TT die-cast model (1:18) from Revell for ~$22

Just wanted to let you know that you guys can get a silver or black Audi TT model by Revell from Etoys for only around $22. Here's how:

1) Go to the URL listed below.
2) Add it to your wish list and create a gift registry (you'll probably have to register yourself).
3) Send the gift registry to another one of your email accounts (create hotmail account if you don't have multiple email accounts).
4) Go to that gift registry from the 2nd email account and purchase the Audi TT off the wish list.

This will save you 10% off the list price of $29.99 because Etoys is having a promotion where friends/family get 10% if they buy things off your wish list (if it makes you feel any better about this, consider yourself your own best friend). (=

5) When you get to the part that asks you if you have any gift certificates/coupons, enter in this code:
C6727 (coupon expires 12/31/99)

This will save you $10 since you are spending more than $25.

6) So your total comes to $29.99 - $2.99 - $10 + shipping (around $4) + tax (8.25% if you live in California) = total.

PS: I think they're soldout right now, but they should be getting some in soon.

Here's my review of the toy if you care:

"Wow!!!" That was my first impression when I opened the Etoys box and found this huge denim blue Audi TT. Yup, finally I find a way to afford my dream car w/ my college level budget. The car was covered w/ tape and screwed to the Revell platform. I didn't have a Phillips screwdriver, so I was unable to detach the car from the platform and actually "play" w/ it. (= So I just sort of opened the doors, hatch and hood, and admired the beauty of the car. It's truly a beautiful car. Of course, it's not the same as the real thing. I was disappointed w/ quite a few things though such as:

1) Plastic seats? Man... if only they had used leather seats... that would have been really nice. I've never been in a TT, but the plastic seats sort of give it a cheap feeling.
2) Really fragile doors. Both of my doors broke off when I was cutting off the tape, so make sure to be careful when you remove the tape. Don't worry, the doors ARE reattachable.
3) My driver side door couldn't properly open/close. Looks like a manufacter defect. It gets stuck and I have to snap the door to close it (passenger door opens/close smoothly).
4) The Audi rings on the back are painted on whereas the Audi rings on the grille are plastic. Revell should have used the plastic on the ends too.
5) My personal bias: only 1 muffler. I thought it was going to be the 225Q version w/ the dual mufflers which look so much nicer in my opinion.
6) When you open the hatch, it looks so incredibly cheap. The rear passenger seats look awful from the rear. I'm not sure if they look like this in real life, but it just looks sorta cheap to me.
7) The rear passenger seats don't fold down like in the real car.
8) The tires aren't quite as rubbery as I expected them to be. They feel like cheap plastic.
9) The stick shift doesn't move. I'd rather it could move, even if it does increase the chance it could break off.
10) Cheap plastic Revel platform. Remove the car from it ASAP and get a real display case.

I've never been inside an Audi TT, so I'm probably not the most objective person in the world to give a review, but I've read a million articles and seen a bunch of pics. Even though, I've given a pretty negative review, for only $22, it's not that bad. The detail on the dashboard, engine, headlights and just the exterior of it is quite amazing. The steering wheel even turn as the front wheels do! I recommend you guys all get one. Well, that's if you're a big a fan of the TT as me. (=<ul><li><a href="http://www.etoys.com/exec/search.cgi?store=e&emp=et&keyword=audi+tt">Etoys: Audi TT (Revell)</a></li></ul>
Old 12-15-1999, 09:53 AM
lruby

Default Hahahaahahaha......

Sounds like me a month ago....
Old 12-15-1999, 11:00 AM
D-TTrain

Default I got one too. Yeah, it's pretty cheap, but what do you expect for $30? I got the R/C one too! (more

Plus I've got a REAL one! P
I never noticed that the steering wheel turned witht he front wheels! Cool! And the exhaust is not a Borla! SHAME! LOL
Anyway, you can find lots of faults with this toy, but it's just a toy fer crissake! )
The R/C one is kinda neat too, but I sure wish it had brakes! I've run it into so many things it's not funny. Oh well, it keeps a licking and keeps a ticking. Fun toy. You might want to check one out. Go to your local Neiman Marcus, they've got 'em. $96