TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

In Birmingham visiting mom after a weekend at "the tail of the Dragon!" The TT...

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 06:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default In Birmingham visiting mom after a weekend at "the tail of the Dragon!" The TT...

compared to the S I'm sure is on someone's mind.

For starters, the S can be driven in the rain, just have to be more observant to the balance of the car. One guy lost it and total'd his car.

The S is an amazing car in the twisties. Sure you have to pay attention to it. Sure if for one second you disrespect the road, the car, or not pay attention during the multiple off camber transits you'll face the on-coming traffic befor you know it.

However, take it at your own pace. Respect the car. Respect the road. Fine tune your skills. Listen to the car and the road and the reward is like no other.

I refuse to compare the TT and the S. They are two different cars and the approach is totally different. On Friday, the TT would have spanked the S's butt up and down the dragon due to the excessive water on the road. On dry pavement? Hard to tell.

I have a renewed respect for both the S and the TT when I consider what they are designed for.

Had a great time. Learned from some excellent more mature drivers. Met the S2k version of Gil (MoBluTT). Met the S2k version of Jeff Bipes. The S2k version of Schwing didn't come to "wake the dragon" this year.

I'll have pics up once I get back to Florida later this week. Took some amazing video.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sorry I didn't make there Saturday...>>

We played with the 'S' last year. Some were fast and some were not. Was Killboy out snapping pictures? Glad you had a great time.

Guess I'll see you at TT-West.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:23 AM

Default I kept an eye out for you. Killboy was out so did the cops late Sat. As for >>>

the S fast / slow, you are right. There are a lot of people that are scared to push the S due to it's unapologetic nature. Then there are some of us who want to drive the car to it's full potential.

I stuck with the fast with certified skills group (those with training and track time, not the fast and furious boyz).
Old 04-24-2006, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I think those 'Fast and Furious' people scare me...>>

as they really don't know how to drive the twisties. I followed one guy with alot of bling and add ons and probably used most of his brakes on the 1st run. ...but his car looked cool!
Old 04-24-2006, 12:17 PM

LOL!!! agreed. I know exactly what you're talking about.