TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Black TT Coupe in Alexandria, VA?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2000, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black TT Coupe in Alexandria, VA?

On my vacation, my step-dad, mom and I were driving through beautiful Alexandria, VA right near the Potomack. The area right near DC, with the beautiful row houses. Anyway, I saw a black TT coupe parked on the street last Wednesday and wondered if it was anyone here. I called attention to it and showed it to my mom and step dad, and they approved. Also, if you live in that beautiful area, I am truly envious!!!
Old 01-01-2001, 03:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Around 4pm? Might have been me ...

My office is in the northern part of Alexandria about 6 blocks north from the restaurant area. I was on vacation last week, but I did go to the office for a while on Wednesday.

There is another TT that I see every day in Alexandria, but it's a silver 180 coupe.

It really is a nice area -- all that history, all those great shops and restaurants. I hope you got a chance to drive south along the river to Mount Vernon (George Washington's estate). That's the way I drive to work, and it's beautiful to watch the sun rise over the Potomac every day.
Old 01-01-2001, 04:36 PM

Default It was around 7:30pm, and I sure did go to Mount Vernon...

Absolutely beautiful and so much history. I'll post some pictures when I get them back. And, I saw the White House that day too...so I saw both the first president and the current president's homes in one day. That's exactly how we drove, along the river. Wow, how lucky for you to see that every day. I'd love to live there at some point.
Old 01-02-2001, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: It was around 7:30pm, and I sure did go to Mount Vernon...

It's a great place to live. The GW Parkway is the best kept secret in Washington because commercial trucks can't use it. I've driven it every day for over three years, and only seen a handful of traffic jams.

My wife and I visit Mount Vernon by boat a lot in the summer. We like to anchor out in the Potomac in front of the estate and just relax. (That's when we're not driving the TT!)