TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Blue Leather Interior

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-1999, 07:07 PM
Jason

Default Blue Leather Interior

Whatare the toughts on the blue leather interior? Is it a bright Royale blue? I was thinking if it was a bright blue it would look superb w/ a Lake Silver Metallic exterior. Any thoughts? Better yet, PICS? Thanks!
Old 12-20-1999, 07:45 PM
RolS

Default Re: Blue Leather Interior

My personal opinion was that it is overwhelming...too much blue. The headliner, carpets, leather...everything is blue but the top of the dash which is black. Just one opinion among many...
Old 12-20-1999, 11:14 PM
Roon

Default Blue Leather Interior - not clinical

I just picked up my denim blue/denim blue, I thought it would be too much, but it gives the interior "warmth"..
Old 12-21-1999, 01:36 AM
colinc

We would say in UK 'it is a little bit gray shoes' for some tastes.
Old 12-21-1999, 02:50 AM
Simon - UK

The Blue leather/Alcantara option looks better - the Alcantara is darker than the leather giving a contrast, breaking up the 'Blue' overkill.

Simon.
Old 12-21-1999, 05:09 AM
JusTTin

Every picture I have seen on line makes the blue interior look terrible. I was very sceptical about ordering it before seeing it, but I was just fine with it when it arrived. It definetly has grown on me since I've gotten it and I never thought I would own a car with blue interior. I'm not sure if others have noticed the same thing, but when you sit in the car you really don't notice the interior color b/c the dash and componentry is all black.
Old 12-21-1999, 07:42 AM
jj

Re: Blue Leather Interior
Old 12-21-1999, 07:45 AM
jj

Well I think that the blue interior is one that is very unique, when I placed my initial order I expected to get black interiors because I had a car that had red interiors and it was a little overwhelming, when I got the blue I was instantly in love and I loved the combination of black and blue.
JJ 180 APR chip H&R springs
Old 12-21-1999, 07:58 AM
PaTT

Obviously from the posts below it's a matter of personal taste. The TT I test drove in May had the blue interior and I couldn't stand it. Thought it looked cheap. I was very unhappy for the brief period when I thought I was going to be stuck with the blue interior on my order and very releived when they offered me a choice of a grey instead.

Email me if no one has sent you some pictures yet. I've got some forwarded from other helpful forum participants.
Old 12-21-1999, 10:06 AM
Mark Antonaccio

I also have the blue leather interior in my Denim Blue 180FWD TT. I love it, and would be unhappy with any other color combination than blue/black.

Quick Reply: Blue Leather Interior