TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Bought my TT yesterday - Long day....

Old 12-31-2000, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought my TT yesterday - Long day....

I have been following the board for the last several months while I waited to find the right car at the right price. It happened yesterday! I bought a 2001 225TTQC (Raven and Ebony)from a dealer in Los Angeles. It took several hours to negotiate the right deal and to complete the paperwork. I then drove the car back to Orange County (60 miles) and had a smile on all the way home.
I parked the car in my driveway and noticed two quarter size drips of oil in front of the left side rear tire. It was driping from the emergency brake cable. I took the car to Newport Beach Audi to get it checked out. They put the car on the lift and noticed that oil had coated the left rear side of the undercarriage with a mist. It seemed to be rolling down the emergency brake cable and dripping off at the lowest point. The mechanics couldn't determine where it was originating. They thought it might be coming from the vent tube from the rear differential (maybe overfilled?) Anyway, I am driving a rental car until they can spend time on Tuesday to check it out. They are going to drain the rear differential oil and refill. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Thanks for your help.
Old 12-31-2000, 09:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default No drips over here ... but ...

Sorry to hear you had problems so early on ... good luck with the fix.

Hey, I'd be interested in hearing your comments on Boxster S vs TT. I test drove them both, and opted for the TTR. Had an SLK230, didn't drive the SLK320 - the TT put the biggest smile on my face!

Hope you get your TT back on the road quickly ... looking forward to your review.
Old 01-01-2001, 01:53 AM

Welcome to the Club...Sorry to hear about the oil problem...We need More Raven TTs