TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

The Bradstreet Family update: I've been quiet too long!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2001, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Bradstreet Family update: I've been quiet too long!

Wow have I been busy with work. I guess it is time to update those who actually care (you can ignore this Rahul). ;-)

My wife, Alexandra, is now employed again. She decided to accept the job in the town we live as a teacher of the visually impaired for an elementary school. Her boss offered her the job well over 3 months ago! She went in the week before last to get a feel for the environment. This past week was her first official week. She's loving it. "Teaching elementary kids is so refreshing compared to high school."

The funny part of it all is she still has no clue what they are paying her! :-) She'll find out when the first check comes in a month or two. ;-) We'll see how long that takes to start up.

She got a call this afternoon from Department of Transport to tell her that she has qualified for a special service. $1 transport to anywhere is Durham County! Cool! She has to call the day prior (or is it two days). This will be how she gets to work.

The good news about this is we'll shift both car payments to an account that's funded by her pay check. It should cover that much! (I hope) Hopefully then I won't have to sell the TT.

Why would I have to sell the TT? Alex and I found 3 houses we'd love to move into! They are all withing 1 mile of a new HUGE mall that's going in in town. That means more congestion, yes, but for Alex that means she can walk to conveniences. Because of the mall, she'll get a walking bridge across the interstate to the grocery store. She'll get a bus stop on our side of a very busy street, so she won't have to cross that road as often (phew).

My parents don't spend much time in NC anymore, so when one or both of them are in town they'll be living with us. That means we'll be buying a pretty large house. We even found one with a basement! (Yup, I'm from New England and WANT my basement!)

Lately I've been thinking about getting rid of the second car payment... almost put the TTR on e-bay to start the ball rolling. I may still be doing it depending on what the mortgage guy tells me. We'll see. I've been taking Alex to work again in the morning this past week and picking her up afterwards. I forgot how nice it was to drive the TT, top down, 50 degrees, pitch black with the stars shining. God I love that and can't imagine not having a convertible after this past 1+!!!

Enough for now... that's the update for those who actually read down this far. ;-) Rahul? you still here?
Old 10-12-2001, 05:58 PM

Good luck with your house-hunting. BTW, I corrected your forum name in the cookbook.
Old 10-12-2001, 06:00 PM
Elder Member

Default Why is my good name being sullied so???

As for the Bradstreet family, Alex and the pups seem delightful, and I look forward to meeting them (even at 4:30am)! You, on the other hand...

Where do such accusations stem from??? Do I really skim posts that obviously??? Oh, the scandal!!! Iswear, I am enthralled by each and every word, really I am...

Wait, who wrote this post, again??? I stopped paying attention when I realized...

;-)
Old 10-12-2001, 06:06 PM

Default You know you've found the perfect job when...

you take it without knowing what it pays. Best of luck to Alex...hope it works out.

A house with a basement, eh? Does it have a cistern? Now THAT would make you a true New Englander!
Old 10-12-2001, 06:10 PM
Elder Member

Default Bill, two things. Ain't it great to be married to an Alexandra? And watch out for southern homes

with basements. Unless they are fairly common where you are, southern construction companies don't know how to do basements very well. I know it's a broad generalization, but I think it's pretty much true.

Sounds like your life is settling down. Good for you. Even if you have to sell the TT, that's OK.

Ivan (staring down the barrel of 8 months left on his lease)
Old 10-12-2001, 06:15 PM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sounds like a good plan. Happy for Alex. Would be nice for her

to be in an area where she can be mostly independent.
Old 10-12-2001, 06:16 PM

Default Thanks... I'll make sure I check on the basement more closely

This one is a walk-out at one corner. It is a poured foundation (instead of cinder blocks).

Thanks
Old 10-12-2001, 06:18 PM

Default ROFLMAO!

Good response! You'd do well at King's Court. ;-) Very witty man you be.
Old 10-12-2001, 06:19 PM

Or how about... you know you work for the government when you have no choice what the salary will be
Old 10-12-2001, 06:20 PM

Default Yeah. I don't want her to rely on me for anything (well, almost anything) ;-P

She took a cab to work one day... That was $23 each way! Now it will cost $1 each way. That's more like it. {phew}

Quick Reply: The Bradstreet Family update: I've been quiet too long!