TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Cargo Net! I need a good Cargo net for my TT! Please assist.

Old 08-29-1999, 10:13 AM
Ivan

Default Cargo Net! I need a good Cargo net for my TT! Please assist.

Audi is taking way too long to provide accessories for this car.

Has anyone found an aftermarket cargo net that works especially well? I am looking for something to go over department store bags and such to keep them from rolling around.

Audi has done provided us with a nice amount of usable space back there, but it's like a pinball machine with stuff in it.

Thank you in advance.

Ivan in Jacksonville.
Old 08-29-1999, 11:27 AM
Marius B

Default Re: Any small cargo net will do!

Any rectangular net with an elastic around the edge, some 4 to 8" smaller than the distances between the eyelets, will do. Get 4 small hooks or carabiners in a hardware store.

Has anybody tried getting some inflatable cushions to fill up the space (for really spirited driving)?
Old 08-29-1999, 08:29 PM
Rik

Default WRONG!!!!!! Ask Ray he knows , I believe it came from his Jeep !?

nt
Old 08-30-1999, 05:53 AM
Ray

Default My jeep net works great!

I've moved the net from my 93 Jeep Grand Cherokee into the TT and it works great. (It also looks pretty cool - black net in black/black TT) I bought it from an accessory catalog (I'll try to find the name) and it secures with four hooks to the tie-down loops.

Instead of elastic, mine has a rope edge and mechanism that is easy to expand or cinch tight depending on your particular load. Just depress a button and pull the rope whichever direction you need.

If you look for Jeep net, make sure to get a horizontal one. The later Jeep models also have a vertical net which would not fit.