TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

CCM CONFORT CONTROL MODULE ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CCM CONFORT CONTROL MODULE ??

Why don’t AUDI TTR !.8 225bhp
Why don’t they put the CCM module
In like a plastic container with a lid ?
So many people need to get them replaced due to water damage,
Myself included, I had a brand new one put in on Saturday by Monday it wasn’t working as a small amount of water had got in it? And this was brand new,
Supplied fitted and programmed £500 so you can imagine my annoyance when after 2 days all the electrics had gone again,
Luckily the person who fitted it agreed to look at it even though it was water damaged so they were not obliged to at all,
So they dried it out for me.
I asked them to put it in a waterproof plasisic container with a lid to seal it,
It seem like I must have a small leak in that area, even though I can’t find any wetness,

So it’s been a week now any problem free why are they supplied with these sort of containers,
In even going to put the whole container with the CCM in it into another lager container just in case ha
I suppose the tell you to that as they want to sell you these expensive modules ??
Old 10-17-2018, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default comfort control module AUDI TT MK1 roadster 225bhp

Originally Posted by PJMATEJKA
Why don’t AUDI TTR 1.8 225bhp
Why don’t they put the CCM module
In like a plastic container with a lid ?
So many people need to get them replaced due to water damage,
Myself included, I had a brand new one put in on Saturday by Monday it wasn’t working as a small amount of water had got in it? And this was brand new,
Supplied fitted and programmed £500 so you can imagine my annoyance when after 2 days all the electrics had gone again,
Luckily the person who fitted it agreed to look at it even though it was water damaged so they were not obliged to at all,
So they dried it out for me.
I asked them to put it in a waterproof plasisic container with a lid to seal it,
It seem like I must have a small leak in that area, even though I can’t find any wetness,

So it’s been a week now and problem free why arent they supplied with these sort of containers, or at least say it might be a good idea to do so
Im even going to put the whole container with the CCM in it into another lager container just in case ha
I suppose they don’t tell you to that as they want to sell you these expensive modules ??
So I would urge anyone with the same model to do the same before it cost you at lleast £500 if you want to buy
new that is.