TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Couple simple New 01 TT owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple simple New 01 TT owner

First that eveyone that contributes to the site. I have already read alot of info from here.

Here is my first question. I do not have the owners manual to the car. what is the button beside the gas cap, trunk switch set?

Second, what is the switch in the center console that looks like the car tops down "it's a convertable" with vibration symbol,

Third, what is the switch in the center console that has a pic of what looks like a big window up or down picture?

Fourth, what does the two push pin buttons do in the gauges? Like trip reset buttons on most cars.

Fifth, and last..lol I replaced my batteries in the remote. I only have one remote. How can I get the remote to sync with the car so the lock, truck, panic etc works?

The car is a 01 TT Quatro 6 speed. Many, Many, Many thanks
Old 06-08-2010, 02:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. If you mean the button next to the gas cap release under the ash tray then yes, it's a truck release. Ever thought of just pushing it to see? lol

2.Not sure what you're refering to. There are three switches in the center cobnsole. One puts the top up or down. One puts the wind deflector shield behind the roll bars up or down. The last is the power door locks.

3. See above.

4. The one on the right is a trip reset. The one on the left sets the time and date. You can pull it and hold then left or right to set.

5. Follow the instrictions below.

1. Take the valet key, put it into the ignition and turn the key to the "on" position, just prior to starting the car. You can use a regular key if you don't have a valet key.
2. Roll down the driver's side window (not required, but a good idea in case there's a problem).
3. Exit the car and close the door.
4. With a second key, physically lock the doors (don't use a remote).
5. Take the first remote to be programmed, press one of the buttons and the lights will flash once. Wait 10 seconds and press the unlock button. The doors should unlock. That first transmitter is now programmed.
6. Lock the door again (physically) with the key, (not the remote).
7. Press one of the buttons twice, the lights will flash twice. Wait 10 seconds and press the unlock button. The doors should unlock. The second transmitter is now programmed.

For a third transmitter press the button 3 times and for a fourth press 4 times.

My Roadster only came with one key and I reprogrammed it after changing the batteries but I don't recall how. I am away for work and won't be back to my TT for a few weeks or I would look it up in the book for you. The above I think would only work if you have more than one key.

Also found this:
(1) SWITCH IGNITION ON USE KEY NOT FITTED WITH REMOTE CONTROL.
(2) MANUALLY LOCK DRIVERS DOOR USING KEY.
(3) COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING WITHIN 30 SECONDS WITHIN 5 SECONDS PRESS UNLOCK BUTTON ON FIRST KEY ONCE (PROGRAMS MEMORY POSTION 1)
(4) INDICATOR LAMPS FLASH ONCE TO INDICATE SIGNAL RECIEVED.
(5) WAIT 5 SECONDS. PRESS UNLOCK BUTTON ONCE TO CONFIRM PROGRAMMING.
(6) VECHICLE UNLOCKS, PROGRAMMING MODE DEACTIVATED.
(7)SWITCH IGNITION OFF REMOVE KEY.
(8) TO PROGRAM REMAINING KEYS INTO MEMORY POSTION 2 3 AND 4 CARRY OUT THIS COMPLETE PROCEDURE BELOW FOR EACH KEY.
(9) SWITCH IGNITION ON USE KEY NOT FITTED WITH REMOTE
(10) MANUALLY LOCK DRIVERS DOOR USING KEY.
(11) WITHIN 5 SECONDS PRESS UNLOCK BUTTON AT 1 SECOND INTERVALS AS FOLLOWS.
(12) TWICE FOR MEMORY POSTION 2 (SECOND KEY)
(13) THREE TIMES FOR MEMORY POSTION 3 (THIRD KEY)
(14) FOUR TIMES FOR MEMORY POSTION 4 (FOURTH KEY)
(15) INDICATOR LAMPS WILL FLASH ONCE EVERY TIME UNLOCK BUTTON IS PRESSED TO INDICATE A SIGNAL HAS BEEN RECIEVED.
(16)PRESS UNLOCK BUTTON ONCE TO CONFIRM PROGRAMMING
(17) SWITCH IGNITION OFF AND REMOVE KEY.

Last edited by ejaudi; 06-08-2010 at 03:00 PM.