TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Crapy Dealership in Houston !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2001, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crapy Dealership in Houston !!!!

A friend of mine told me that before I took delivery of my new TT (loaded on the boat on 4/10), that I should at least check out the Honda S2000. Yes they are the enemy, and I also have a particular dislike for all asian automobiles anyway, but I thought that I would humor him, so we drove down to the nearest Honda dealer (Goodson). The place was so dark, I thought that they might be closed. Just before I drove all the way through and out of the parking lot, I saw that they did have one S2000 in the showroom.

So we stopped, and went inside. We got the "rookie" salesperson (poor guy). So he brings me over to the car (yellow with black leather, if not anything else, at least it looks good). I briefly tell him why I'm there,....that the TT will arrive in two weeks, and I thought I ought to check this out before I completed my deal. He directs me to the car, opens the door,.......

and as I start to sit down, another guy storms out of the finance office, and yells. Woah,...this one is SOLD, asks me to get out of the car, and comes back with a little cheesey hand written sold sign on a piece of notebook paper or something. I told the newbie to call me if he got one that I could drive within the next two weeks.

He calls me the next day, trying to find out if I was really serious about the car (I think his manager put him up to this one). He asked me if I was just one of those guys who likes to go around test driving sports cars.....sheesh!

Then he calls me back later (same day) says that the deal on the car fell through, and said that he was sorry, that he had been wrong in telling me that I would be able to drive the car,..... they don't have test drives on this car,.... huh?

I told him that there was no way in hell that I would buy any car without driving it!!!! Next comes the T.O. by the manager,.... He gets on the phone takling about how they have to control the test drives on these, becuase buyers want them in perfect condition, and that they are a limited addition, and will become a collectors item after the four year production run. I told him my same assesment of buying a care without driving it. He said the the other guys financing was not approved, and if I wanted to come down, that we could work out a deal, take a down payment, and let me drive the car!

I almost crashed my car as I was driving when they called me on the cell. He wouldn't budge on this at all. I told him that it was a stretch for me to drive to the ****ty part of town that his dealership was in in the first place, and hung up.

Why is it that I can walk into any Audi, BMW, Mercedes, etc. lot and drive pretty much any car on the lot. It's not like I was asking to take the latest Ferrari for a spin (we're talking about a piece of rice burning junk that they were asking 4,500 over sticker for!!!!!!!).

Rant complete:

I'll have to swing by in my new Denim 225 Coupe in a couple of weeks just to remind them that they don't have my business!
Old 04-16-2001, 06:21 PM

Default Re: Crapy Dealership in Houston !!!!

Test driving is an interesting issue. I wanted to test drive my machine prior to purchase, but I would not buy the one that they let me test drive. I insisted on the one with 7 miles on the odometer. I don't want a car that was redlined by some clown prior to break-in. Example. Three cars back for me was a Z28 Camaro. I test drove one, and then the guy wanted to write the deal on that car. I pointed to the one with the cosmoline, and said I am taking that one. I had just driven the thing over 100 MPH. The break-in says not to drive over 55 in first 100 miles. I don't want a car test driven by someone like me. It puts the dealer in a real delemma.
Old 04-16-2001, 06:51 PM

Got the same run-around at a dealer in Dallas!!! Guess I'll just settle for my TT in May.
Old 04-17-2001, 04:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

..a limited addition, and will become a collectors car" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA