TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Dash display and seat belt problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-1999, 08:28 AM
Kerin

Default Dash display and seat belt problem

You guys were so helpful the last time I had a question so here goes...
1. I am experiencing a problem with the CD/Radio Station display on my dash. When I start the car the "OK" lights up and when I use the "test" button all the warning signals work fine. But then when I begin driving the car and use the CD or radio, the display will show the selected CD or radio station for less than a minute and then black out. Each time the CD changes songs then the display lights up again...for a minute. Have I reset something without knowing it?
2. My driver side seat belt has twisted. The dealer wants to take the panel off to look at it. I am not "wild" about removing pieces of my car! Anyone else had this happen?
Thanks! Kerin
Old 12-09-1999, 09:08 AM
mne

1. is easy, remove & reinstall #11 & 15 fuse. 2. The dealer is right, unless YOU want to remove them (nt)
Old 12-09-1999, 10:08 AM
JMaTT

Default Try this....

On the turn signal stalk there is a button on the bottom. This is the button used to reset things like your average mpg, or average speed when you hold the button in for several seconds. However, if you just hit the button briefly, it will turn the display off. MAYBE, HOPEFULLY, you just hit the button briefly once and your display turned off. Try hitting the button again briefly and let us know what happens.
Old 12-09-1999, 10:14 AM
Jenner

I did the same thing in my A4 once....this is the correct way to fix it. (nt)
Old 12-09-1999, 10:57 AM
mne

That doesnt seem to work in the TT Jenner... dunno why. I tried it a dozen times. 11&15 does tho (nt)
Old 12-09-1999, 11:43 AM
Stteve R

Default Seat belt problem (more)

Took mine in for that problem today. They reviewed it with a new TT being prepped. Seems like they feel that the male piece was put on the belt incorrectly and that the stitching on the bottom of the belt caused the twisting. They are ordering me a new one and expect 2.5-3 hours to remove all the interior pieces they need to get to it. While I am also not wild about it, the vehicle is not as safe (see I didn't say it was unsafe) as if it were not twisted. Tried also to do all sorts of things to get it to un-twist without success.

STTeve R
Old 12-09-1999, 12:40 PM
Jenner

Bummer....well I thought it was worth a shot. (nt)
Old 12-09-1999, 01:19 PM
Mike K

Default Radio info on top 3rd of display in dash should be ON when radio/cd is on(more)

Ref #1: Mine did the same thing for the 1st month.........only stayed on for 20 secs when radio was turned on OR station was changed. This is wrong, radio info should be displayed in dash computer when the radio/cd is on. Mine started working properly for some unknown reason prior to the Rockville, MD TT meet. ALL the TT's at the meet had their displays working the same way ( radio info displayed in top 3rd).
Old 12-09-1999, 06:01 PM
y2ktturbo

I can support this 11 & 15 fuse thing. It worked on mine and Brett's (TTCA President dude) (nt)
Old 12-10-1999, 10:37 AM
Kerin

Default Re: Try this....

Hmmm...I tried and no luck. Funny thing...when I am low on gas the low fuel display comes on and STAYS ON until I refuel. Then when I have gas, and the CD/radio display should be on, it is going off after a few seconds.