TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Dealership seems to be playing games with me. (kinda long)

Old 03-24-2005, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealership seems to be playing games with me. (kinda long)

So I took my car in two days ago to get a check engine light looked at. They let me know that the problem was the intake system but said they needed to order A part. The guy on the phone said that they were overnighting IT and that I would probably be able to pick the car up a little after noon. The next day they called me right before 5 p.m. and let me know that some of the PARTS did not make it. The day after that (today, note the time is right before 5 p.m.) they let me know that some of the PARTS were still not ready and that they were crossing their fingers that tomorrow would be the day. I wouldn't be so upset if they dealt with me man to man. I.E. "Hey, I have to order a few parts and they're not all going to come in on time so this may be a while." Instead they always seem impatient and like they're trying to get rid of me by telling me that it'll be ready tomorrow. As you can see, I am upset enough to rant. And BTW, sorry about that, but I warned you this'd be long. (In case you are wondering I live in Boulder, CO.)
Old 03-24-2005, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default typical. they never had the replacement part I needed in stock so it

would always be a 3 time visit... once to diagnose, twice to get it installed and a third time for them to do it right as they always screwed up the 2nd time! Whenever I'd call them.... about 2 hours AFTER they said they'd contact me I'd always get "we were just going to call you".... must be part of their training. I know more about my car then some of their techs!!