TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Do you know what your TT is worth?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2001, 08:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you know what your TT is worth?

You may be aware that I have been trying to sell my MY 01 TTRQ with <7500 miles. Local dealer offered auction price of $32K. Selling dealer originally offered $33.4K. If you go to auto trader, you'll find 180+ MY 01 vehicles on the sales block. Vehicles are retailing for about $36-38K fully equipped because new ones are collecting dust sitting on dealer lots. There is an absolute glut of TTs. Honda was smart to limit their production...the S2000s are still hot properties just because the demand outruns the supplies.

The negative publicity that has been circulating (and this forum is but one way for astute people to find out about the quirks of the TT) has diminished the values of the vehicles. Sure, I know that someone will point out depreciation is at the front end, yadayadayada (is that still in vogue?).

Can you imagine that I am giving the car away and still there are no takers? It amazes me that I could sell a 7 yr. old car and get back 59% of its MSRP (and I paid less than MSRP on that one) and I pay MSRP on the TT and can't even get a nibble when someone could save thousands?

Prospective buyers for TTs are forewarned that they should seriously look into the consequences of purchasing an attractive automobile unless they intend to hold on to it for a very, very long time. Because, if they tire of it, can't handle the disturbing number of small problems that diminish the overall joy of the vehicle, etc., they will be stuck with it--unless they beg someone to steal it.

So, before you reply to this, put yourself in my shoes. Then go ahead and do the "burger king number" on me...I am really tired of this whole situation. Have some valid advice, give it to me.
Old 07-14-2001, 08:40 AM

Default Sad to say I figured that when buying this car new, It was gonna do nothing but depreciate

So I made the consious decision, to mod as I please drive as I like and just own it till it dies....And who knows..maybe even resurrect it =)

Marcus
Old 07-14-2001, 08:46 AM
das

Default I read before you were thinking of an S4...

Do not expect to do any better with that car after one year. I looked into trading my S4 at several Audi dealers and can only get 32000 for it. And that is 41000 new! Just a heads up.
Good luck
Old 07-14-2001, 08:46 AM

Default I'll give you 22k for it! heh

why are you selling anyways??
Old 07-14-2001, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Maybe the "luster" of the "NEW AUDI TT" is gone?

Possible that overproduction has killed our values and the fact that the TT is no longer that "NEW AUDI" anymore... Oh well, Im happy and my TT is still NEW to me!
Old 07-14-2001, 08:49 AM

I know what my TT is worth to me, and I guess that's all that counts in my book.
Old 07-14-2001, 08:49 AM

Default Have decided to end my love-hate affair with Audi brand

If I could swing it, I am looking at replacing with a Japanese nameplate.
Old 07-14-2001, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree...Im happy with my decision, and would do it again.
Old 07-14-2001, 08:53 AM

Concerns like this are only one of the reasons why I lease my cars...
Old 07-14-2001, 08:56 AM
Eighth Member of AudiWorld. God-like, glorious and all-knowing.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Do you know what your TT is worth?

As you may know, I've been critical of Audi on several fronts. Mostly due to their corporate arrogance with regard to even giving a damn, yet alone addressing recurring problems.

However, I think you are being a bit harsh. Go to Auto Trader and search Boxsters, Z3s, or whatever, and you'll see a lot of cars available.

Selling a used car isn't always such a simple proposition. Plus, you live in New Mexico, which limits a lot of buyers to your general geographic area.

When I sold my Mercedes, I had a hell of a time. It was in such good condition, but I had to knock the hell out of the price to move it. I sold it for well under Kelly wholesale blue book.

Also, I don't hear about these problems from anyone but other TT owners on the forum. I really don't think it has that many more problems than a lot of other cars, though the FWD tranny situation is troubling. However, in the past, Audi has acted as if it could give a damn when presented with a potential "bug".

But I digress. Bottom line is that I think your comments are overly harsh. Best of luck selling the TT, and hopefully you will have a better experience with its replacement.

Quick Reply: Do you know what your TT is worth?