TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

does genuinevwaudiparts.com always suck, or did i just try at a bad time?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 07:50 AM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default does genuinevwaudiparts.com always suck, or did i just try at a bad time?

first, when creating an account, it states the credit card information is optional, but it seems to be required (argg! good thing i have dead credit card numbers at hand) next, it forgot about my order when i finally logged in with my new account. then after i re-entered my order and submitted it, it reports "The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request."

their prices are good, but i'd gladly pay a premium for a website that doesn't suck.

ps. tried the contact phone number on their website, but no dice there either. will try again later.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:26 AM

Default I ordered a windscreen from em...

never bothered to confirm it was what I needed...sent it to the body shop only to discover its not even for my car...

Now I gotta contact em and get a return shipping label and refund...I think VAG may have screwed it up though cause the salesman knew what I needed and made me get my Vin number to ensure I'd get the right one... :-/
Old 10-11-2007, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered from them last month, no problems.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Weird. I usually get good online service, and geniunevwaudiparts tops them...

complete with multiple emails to confirm my order, some phone calls to suggest additional parts I missed (like getting new gaskets when I bought a kombi valve), and fast shipping.

They must have changed their website last month since I don't remember going to what trouble you had. I use Firefox BTW, since their server had trouble with IE and Safari a couple of months back.

My only gripe back then was the description of some items and where they were listed as - for <a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/2702361.phtml">example </a> when I was getting an A4 tiptronic shift plate, iirc, it was listed as magnet under VW.

My experience is it's best to get the part number when using their site. But best prices for OEM parts.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Order experience>>> also YGM meem>

I ordered a motor mount and 2 bolts from them for it &amp; paid for quicker shipping. 2 weeks later I called and asked WTF where is my package? and they told me the bolts were stuck in customs in toronto.

huh?

i paid more for shipping just send me the mount?

i did get them on the phone though
Old 10-11-2007, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Really pleased with them. Craig there is very prompt. Let me know if you need

details on my transactions but very pleased in my workings with them... including a rare SeaBlue TT seat part that they had to source from DE and FedEx damaged before delivery... they handled everything for me with replacement parts and all. May have been an issue if I was in a hurry but worked out well.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:02 PM
Elder Member

reached them this afternoon and completed my order. they were unaware of the website issues.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Good to hear. Like them.