TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

driving school update redux...

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2002, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default driving school update redux...

OK, I crunched the numbers and figured out a way to hold the driving class and still stay within the confines of my boss' 'cover the costs' mandate! I have had 11 people who have expressed strong interest in attending the class and several 'maybe' folks, too. I am going to reduce the number of instructors from the three I had originally planned down to two (still an excellent ratio of instructors to students, BTW!!!). By doing so, the instructional costs drop dramatically and will allow the class to 'make' with fewer students. The added benefit is that fewer students = more driving time for each participant on each exercise.

I have at least 11 who have said they want to come (including myself, though I will actually be teaching; houTTini is more than welcome to drive my car some, too, if he decides to come down for the class) and several who have expressed interest in possibly coming.

I will post a date for the class tomorrow. It will most probably be in July or August if I can get an open weekend at our driving range.

For those of you who want to come down / up for this, how many of you would like for a bunch of us to meet up at my house on Friday night before the class so we could all go out and eat somewhere? I live in Longview, which is about 20 minutes from the academy's offices in Kilgore, so it's easy to get to my house from where your hotels will probably be. There are TONS of good eateries here, from Mexican to BBQ to steak houses. How does that sound to y'all? Thanks for your interest!<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/tt/msgs/571082.phtml">Driving School Proposal (original post)</a></li></ul>
Old 05-20-2002, 07:03 PM

Default Questions :D

How long of a plane ride is it from LA to Texas?

I am thinking I could leave Friday morning, get to a hotel, come to your place Friday night for the festivities and fly home Sunday night after class.

Of course, I guess this depends on what time we end on Sunday and how long the plane ride is.

I am guessing it is like 3 hours + time difference. So, if I leave at like 9pm Sunday night I should get home around 10:30 or 11ish... maybe 11:30pm my time. Does that sound about right?

If so, I am all in! I bet by the time you open up registration you will get the original amount you said. This is something I would pay more than $35 for
Old 05-20-2002, 07:42 PM

Default 3 hours + a few to DFW from LAX, then drive to Longview.

Depending on airline, you should be able to get back Sunday night....usually about 10 or 15 minutes longer DFW to LAX. Headwinds, I guess.
Old 05-20-2002, 07:54 PM

Thanks! I think that will work splendedly then!
Old 05-20-2002, 08:09 PM

Default BTW, Longview is about 2.5 - 3 hours from DFW depending on time of day.

Sunday night should be a breeze back to the airport.
Old 05-20-2002, 08:18 PM

Wow... that far... still should be ok..
Old 05-20-2002, 09:10 PM

Default If you end up going, there is a route I find quick ingress and egress

from Dallas to I-20 (Longview) that would probably cut it to less than 2.5 from the airport....which is completely opposite side of town from road to Longview.

I'll write it up for you....Ferg may also be able to confer on this.

Also, if schedule permits, I may see you at the driving school.....it's about five hours from me.
Old 05-20-2002, 09:14 PM

Sweet.... I definitely want to go.. when dates are posted I will make sure to get off work
Old 05-21-2002, 04:23 AM

Count me in!! Sounds great!!
Old 05-21-2002, 04:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Still interested here, count me in on the GTG at your place and group feast as well.

Quick Reply: driving school update redux...