TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

TT MK1 Stroker Build Planning, Have some Questions

Old 08-04-2014, 06:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT MK1 Stroker Build Planning, Have some Questions

Ok i have started the plans of a full Bore and stroker build for my Audi TT MK1

Currently my car is the 2002 TT 225 AWD ALMS Edition w/AMU engine code - Its my daily driver so i will be doing a complete build on another block / head, as well as everything else, then when fully ready, swap it out

I just recently acquired the AEB Large port head, with completely new valve train Ferrea oversized valves, sitting in my garage as i type this.

i have been planning this for quite sometime now, have gathered a good bit of info and currently narrowing down exactly what i want. I dont have everything down to exact specifics yet, still researching and evaluating as much as possible. One thing i am evaluating is doing a Bore to 2.0 on a block and also stroking it giving me the 2.2l displacement - What are the concerns with boring and stroking? that is one question i have.

but not the main question i have for this thread, but i do welcome any info regarding the displacment question.

My main question i have right now it based around what block to use for my build, knowning that i have the AEB large port head. The mechanics shop that is helping me with the build has another TT with the ATC engine code, of course the block will be fully gutted, bored with all new internals...

SO the question is will the block from an ATC engine code work with the AEB head - I know there are differences with cam and valve timing between the ATC engine code and the AEB Head when fully assembled per there Code specs, but THE BLOCK WILL BE FULLY GUTTED, BORED, STROKED, etc - SO will the BLOCK itself work? Does anyone know? any info anyone have to offer i would appreciate.

thanks
Trey
Old 08-04-2014, 05:04 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We only own our TT as my wife's toy car, and it's our first Audi, so I know very little little about them. Maybe this is too elementary, but from the way you've described the different codes, it makes me wonder about the water passages between the block and head will line up. Just a thought.