TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Finally some resolve for all my troubles, troubles, and more troubles ...

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2001, 08:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally some resolve for all my troubles, troubles, and more troubles ...

I know some TTers in the group here have posted problems with their ESP indicator lights acting up and my problem was similar. I first posted this a while back, but since then it appears as thought I've gotten some resolve. My particular problem consisted of the ESP and ABS indicator lights coming on and staying on until I stopped the car, turned it off, and started it back up again. There were no other outward indications of any problems (no noticeable ABS/ESP noises, grinding, etc.). Neither system seemed to be engaging when the lights would come in and pushing the ESP button had no effect.

My ride was in the shop for 15 days ... I sobbed myself to sleep @ night after about the 3rd day.

The fix? Apparently they had to replace the "lateral acceleration sensor", or so the Service Manager explained to me. Being rather mechanically UNinclined, she could have made up just about any part name and I probably wouldn't have known the difference. Anyone know if such a part does in fact exist on the TT or on any car for that matter?

My car's been in the shop since delivery for a cumulative total of about 25 days, so Audi has offered to compensate me for one month's lease payment. Not bad I suppose, considering I've only had the car since September and it's been in the shop about 7-8 times now.

But if I had it to do all over again, I'd still buy my same Silver/Black 225TTR ... god I love this car.
Old 01-05-2001, 08:36 AM

Default Thanks for the update. Having similiar problems.

Mine has been doing this, but only when cold. ABS & ESP lights both on. After 10 or 15 minutes of driving, the lights will go out if I restart the car.
Old 01-05-2001, 09:19 AM
Elder Member

Yeah, awfully nice of them since you are 5 days away from lemon law in many states!
Old 01-05-2001, 09:37 AM

Default Funny you bring that up (question for Lemon Law "fans")

I'm pretty sure Brad Willis turned his NM TT in under the lemon law statute. Has anyone else done the same? Was it a real hassle? Did you initially lease or buy?

I've already looked into the specifics in RI and I think it may get complicated because I leased my TT. I may end up actually having to shell out money in the end.
Old 01-05-2001, 09:48 AM
Elder Member

Leasing has little to do with it. Their problem, not yours.
Old 01-05-2001, 10:05 AM

Default Just took in my TT for same problem...who is your dealer?

I just took in my '01 TT Quattro Coupe. My dealer is having problems with the diagnosis. Please post who your dealer is so that I can have Sunset Imports in Portland talk to them.
Old 01-05-2001, 10:18 AM

Let us know if your's turns out to be the same problem.
Old 01-05-2001, 11:18 AM

Default Will do...I told the dealer orangeTT's dealer's fix...

So far their diagnostics were not pointing to the same thing, but they said they would check it anyway. Right now they say they will do a sensor by sensor check and then call AoA if can't resolve. They also said they would call orangeTT's dealer if I knew who it was.
Old 01-05-2001, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That indeed is one of the sensors for the ESP system
Old 01-05-2001, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ESP System with pics

<ul><li><a href="http://www.vwvortex.com/news/02_00/02_11_00/">VW Vortex with ESP system</a></li></ul>

Quick Reply: Finally some resolve for all my troubles, troubles, and more troubles ...