TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

First door ding/scratch... AGHHHHHH

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-1999, 06:50 AM
Maz

Default First door ding/scratch... AGHHHHHH

Noticed the first real blemish on my car this morning before going to work. Is in the classic position for a door ding, but there is no dent, just a couple of deep scratches totalling a little smaller than the size of a 10p piece/quarter that have gone right through the paint... AGHHHH.

how could someone have not noticed doing that!!??

I'm beginning to think it looks like a deliberate case of keying now... . I've been so careful where I park, leaving loads of space in a multi-storey near work, one level higher than most people park, pretty empty, no car next to mine when I parked, none when I left. It may have happened a day or so ago, in the same car park, since I keep it garaged over night.

I'm guessing that touch up paint will not fix this
satisfactorily (what's the part number btw?). Has anyone else had similar damage? I'm taking it into a local Audi dealer/bodyshop next week, can they do a good job? Is Silver a harder colour to paint match?

Just sharing my anguish!!!

Maz

... the f***ing ba*****s....

Old 10-10-1999, 11:16 AM
johnkrls

Default Re: First door ding/scratch... AGHHHHHH

Relax, it's part of owning a car. Yesterday, I found a good scratch on my wheel - don't know how the hell it got there... maybe the car wash people... Anyway, that's harder to fix than body blemishes. I'll have to replace it most probably. Paint scratces can easily be fixed with a body shop you trust and like. Just think of bigger problems like engine failure, transmission, etc. Better have a ding than these, right?
Take care,
John K.
Old 10-10-1999, 11:21 PM
Neil McL

Default Re: First door ding/scratch... AGHHHHHH

I had similar problem about 2 weeks after I got my 180Q except it was a lot worse. Some b@!"t@£d scraped along the left side rear wing leaving quit a large dent. The body repair itself was perfect but I can notice a slight difference in the paintwork maybe cause I know it's there. Silver metallics are imposssible to get a perfect paint match.