AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   TT (Mk1) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/tt-mk1-discussion-9/)
-   -   FIRST TT CALENDAR GLITCH ----> (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/tt-mk1-discussion-9/first-tt-calendar-glitch-1850507/)

KimTT 11-26-2002 05:22 PM

FIRST TT CALENDAR GLITCH ---->

Seems the lovely customer service rep. misquoted shipping charges...

As you all know, I was quoted the following for shipping...

3.99 for the first calendar
2.00 for each additional calendar up to 5
AND
1.00 for each additional calendar thereafter...

I specifically asked if the calendars could be shipped to multiple addresses and was told YES..and that in fact...I could upload the addresses to the Shutterfly site..and that they would handle the shipping...NO PROBLEM...

Now, I am being informed that the price I was quoted is for shipping to a SINGLE address (although there web site DOES say this for card delivery -per address..it does not say this for calendars and the calendar section DOES accomodate multiple addresses)...

So,here is where we stand.. If we order say..100 calendars..it will cost $106 to ship them all to me...and then I will have to ship them out to everyone...OR everyone will have to pay for shipping as if there order was an individual order..ie. 3.99 for 1...$5.99 for 2...etc

Needless to say, I'm displeased...and I am trying to resolve it with higher ups in the company as we speak...

Obviously, my goal is to keep the calendar price and the shipping charge as LOW AS POSSIBLE...

Also, I'd really like to see Shutterfly handle the shipping..

If we can't get this resolved...it's starting to look like this...

19.99 less 30% if we order 50 or $13.99/calendar

+ 3.99 shipping for 1 calendar...

Still cheaper buying as a group ($18.00) than $19.99 + shipping $3.99 ($24)as individuals.. but, NOT what was agreed to...

I will keep all informed...I fight to the death!!! LOL

ALSO, THIS IS SHIPPING IN THE USA folks...International folks...are a different issue!

1FASTT 11-26-2002 06:06 PM

$20 is worth it anyway. Don't worry - no problem.

ArchitecTT 11-26-2002 06:13 PM

Kim - You're doing us all a great favor. Don't sweat the little glitch.

I'm looking forward to seeing it, and I don't think the plus/minus $5 will diminish peoples enthusiasm. Press on, but don't lose sleep over their screw-up.

KimTT 11-26-2002 06:18 PM

Hey, that's $18...LOL

KimTT 11-26-2002 06:19 PM

:) I appreciate that...But, I hate when people give me misinformation!! Either way, it's gonna be a

good deal..but GREAT deals are better...LOL

Thanks again, I appreciate the appreciation... ;)

PorTTland 11-26-2002 07:06 PM

My vote is to let Shutterfly handle the shipping even at their prices.

I really don't think their shipping and handling prices are unreasonable. And if you were to have a hundred calendars shipped to your own home and then plan to ship them out to all of us, that would keep you busy for more than three days. In light of that, Shutterfly shipping them and charging appropriately is AOK. And the dicount we get for the large order more than makes up for the shipping even for just one calendar.

Larrytt 11-26-2002 07:08 PM

Kim, how about this to save some shipping charges . . .

People can group order the calendars together based on where they live. For example, all of the people on LI could have one person order all of the calendars and then each of us can pick the calendar up from that persons house.

That could possibly resolve the issue . . . except for people like Dick up in AK.

Just a thought.

1T42T (aka ZZ CETT) 11-26-2002 07:31 PM

Sure- I'll receive all the NM calendars!! LOL!

CleveTT 11-26-2002 07:48 PM

agree

rollerskate 11-26-2002 08:05 PM

good point - after all, $3.99 is pretty much the

base Priority Mail rate. so it would be hard to make individual address shipping be much less than that. Shutterfly can control their calendar costs, but can't do much about the shipping rates. the only way to really lower them would be to ship 3rd or 3th class class and then who knows how long it would take to get there... When you think about it, I think the costs are fair, and if you were quoted otherwise, it was probably an honest mistake by someone who wasn't thinking straight at the time.

My vote: go ahead with the deal as is currently understood!