TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Getting a TT

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2000, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting a TT

I want to get a TT, and wanted this boards opinion, if you would.

I'm about 22 in the bay area, don't have much credit. But I have saved quite a bit working as a software engineer for the past year, plus my company got bought and I'm now partially vested. With the stock I could buy one with cash, but I don't want to cash in right now (for tax reasons).

Should I wait, or try for one? How much do my assests count in getting financing? Build up some more credit first?

any comments would be helpful, thanks!

-MenloParkTT
Old 07-18-2000, 01:09 PM

Default Look at Audi's Recent College Graduate Program

Go to www.audiusa.com and navigate to the financing section. There you'll find info on exactly what you're lloking for. I'm in the same boat as you are: Limited credit, but able to afford this car. I'm 22 and two months out of college. It sounds like a good deal, and my dealer had no problems acommodating me. It makes good business sense: Audi wants to grab young professionals and make them lifetime customers. So far it's working for me. Picking up TT in Sept, i think.<p>94 Accord EX :<
Waiting: '01 225CQ Amulet/Ebony, Premium and Audio
Old 07-18-2000, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I was in pretty much the same situation when I bought my TT...

I've never had a credit card because I never needed one, and I've never had a loan, so I had absolutely no credit. If you want to put down a big enough down payment, you can probably find a bank that's willing to work with you or at least give you a loan with an incredibly high interest rate. Your other option is getting a qualified co-signer. I didn't have the co-signer option, so luckily I found a bank that was willing to give me a loan at the normal rate without a co-signer because I put down about 1/2 the price as the down payment. I would recommend finding a co-signer if you can't get a loan at a normal rate, but then again, I wouldn't call myself a financial advisor or anything. Heh
Old 07-18-2000, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Tough Call

Well, as always, the more cash you put down the better.

Do you have any credit references that are older than 2 years and are spotless? IE Credit Card, Gas Card, Car Loan...

Usually that would help. Normal deals they're happy to finance, don't know about high dollar vehicles. When I was 22 I had a Pontiac Sunbird, and only 6 years ago 8-)

The kicker will be your interest rate. You have a credit union through your employer? They're usually more leniant.

Hope that helps.<p>Tom Boucher
Lawrence, KS
----
TTRQ 225hp Roadster
Desert Green/Black Top/Aviator Gray Interior, Premier Package, Bose Package, and NAV
ORDERED - April 17, 2000, , STATUS IA - July 17, 2000
VIN#TRUUT28N911005008
Old 07-18-2000, 01:13 PM

I'm one of the punks who dropped out for a startup (and it paid off :P)
Old 07-18-2000, 01:17 PM

Default Geeks Unite!

Im 22 as well and have a 225R on order coming in Sept. Also a computer geek I say do it. I am financing through a credit Union and getting a 7.5 intrest rate. I also am putting down 20k for a down payment so the monthly payments wont be so bad.
Old 07-18-2000, 01:24 PM
gio

Default I'm 23 and had trouble getting a TT

I got my TT in Jan, when I had been out of college for 1 1/2 years and working at a startup that just got funding. I was getting a decent salary, and didn't have bad credit. Problem was I didn't have enough credit since I had never owned a car before (just had a lease on my apartment). I also did not have much cash savings. So I was turned down for my Audi LEASE (not even a purchase). Lucky for me, I got my parents to co-sign and I got the TT anyways.

Now, I love so much, I plan on buying it (when the lease is up or I have the money).

You'll probably have an easier time than me, but if it doesn't work out, try the cosigning thing if you have someone who is willing to do that for you.
Old 07-18-2000, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default 24 And just got my TT last month!

And if you must know, I'll be MA plate "GEEK" when it comes in a few weeks
Old 07-18-2000, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

First things first, order the car, cause it could take months.
Old 07-18-2000, 01:55 PM

Default I'm older with not so great credit, but putting down 25k helps...

In my eyes a bank would have to be crazy not to take a deal like that...if you default on the loan they have a 36k car on their hands for about 10 grand.

would love to know others comments as I have not secured my credit yet.<p>Blauer TT
2001 225ttqc, Blue/Blue
ordered but not here :-(

Quick Reply: Getting a TT