TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Got rear ended this past Weds night! =( I-84 going W in hartofrd, CT

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 05:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got rear ended this past Weds night! =( I-84 going W in hartofrd, CT

I had just left the dealership (I work at hoffman Audi) and I was stuck in the usual night bumper to bumper going under the tunnel in Hartford just before exit48 (assylum). I'm in the far left lane and had been stopped for about a good minute with about 200 or so cars around and in front of me not going anywhere. And out of the blue...WHAM! Some couple in a Doge Grand Caravan smacks right into the back of me. Now keep in mind I have an Imola Yellow 3.2 coupe. How do you not friggin see my car!?!?! ARGH! I was so pissed but I kept my cool, the trooper who showed up even joked about my car color and cheered me up. The people who hit me were obviously at fault and it has been the biggest a$$ ache ever trying to put a claim into their insurance company and get any results. Anyways, took it to a local place (Auto Associates in Canton, CT) they're absolutely amazing. $2,200 worth of damage so far and the suspension has been acting pretty funny. Wonderful! Ugh...some people. Just needed to rant and rave...thanks!
Old 10-22-2005, 05:46 AM

Default very annoying. My chrysler 300M story >>

I take the exit ramp off route 3 East to get on NJ TPke, at Giant Stadium. Go around the turn to MERGE with traffic. Since traffic is coming I must stop......watching Jeep behind me as he tries to scoot by...realizes traffic is coming tucks back in and puts ~$2K damage in my car.
Cop comes....he's at fault...etc...etc.
Several months later.....same place....same situation. I must stop and guy behind me almost hits me the same way. Here's the kicker.....
It's the SAME BOZO as before!!!
Old 10-22-2005, 05:53 AM

Default were they on a cell phone????? DumA** drivers!!!!

I have become fairly lucky in that I have a 1 mile commute. But I picked up my car from the Audi dealer yesterday- closest one is 30 miles away, and driving in 5pm Friday traffic- does anyone really know how close they're getting to the back end of my car? They're either on a cellphone or shouldn't be behind the wheel of any car, period. Unless you've been to driving school and are piloting a vehicle with the proper suspension, wheels, tires, and brakes, don't drive your POS Pontiac Grand Am, Durango/Explorer/Tahoe/Denali SUV, or craptilastic minivan ( your choice- Caravan, ugly GM vans, or FREEstar ) up my a**, swing over almost hitting the corner of my car and sending me into a tailspin, just so you can go 85MPH versus my 80 ( and of course, get off at the next f***ing exit. )

And get off the F***ING PHONE! When these idiots have kids, we're going to have a whole new nation of bad drivers.

I feel for you, man.
Old 10-22-2005, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Uhg...Hartford drivers are the WORST! When did you start working at Hoffman?

I was there all the time when I went to UHA.
Old 10-22-2005, 06:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BREATHE!!!!!!! ;-)

I know what you mean, man. Morons!
Old 10-22-2005, 06:45 AM
Rest In Peace

Default Jim Newton is awesome.....>>>

your car is in good hands...that's for sure.

CT folks seem to be getting worse these days..in a rush on small, tight roads. Sorry for your loss man..
Old 10-22-2005, 06:49 AM

cue "twilight zone" music
Old 10-22-2005, 06:49 AM
Rest In Peace

Default yeah...but>>>

it is not just the cell phone..IMO. Drivers in general have no clue how to handle a car, PERIOD. SUV's going 90...minivan's overloaded....pickup trucks with a full load trying to go around a turn like...well, me! ;-)

I vote for a National Drivers license with a SERIOUS driving test and make it expensive...lots will fail...but, eventually, you would like to believe the better drivers will be on the road...

Driving is not a right...it is a privelage...

Now..for the uninsured/suspended license crowd..i have no answer.
Old 10-22-2005, 06:52 AM

Default preach it brutha.

Hans for King! Hans for King!

No wait, wrong chant.

Crucify Him! Crucify Him!

Wrong again.

Killed too many brain cells last night.

What's my name again?
Old 10-22-2005, 07:25 AM

indeed!....whew!

Quick Reply: Got rear ended this past Weds night! =( I-84 going W in hartofrd, CT