TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Happy New Year and TThanks....

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2000, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Happy New Year and TThanks....

Wow, it's been quite a year. I got married in June. The TT arrived in September. When I got the car, that was all people were talking about. Ten days after getting the car, my wife stole all my thunder by finding out she was pregnant (our first). Now all people are talking about is her pregnancy. I now have the car of my dreams, woman of my dreams, and in six months the child of my dreams.

I thought my TT would never arrive. I couldn't wait to get the car, and I couldn't wait to be a FULL FLEDGED member of this forum.

Getting to the top of the TT waiting list seemed like it would never happen. I had to wait through the "voluntary recall", changing from the 180 list to the 225 list, refusing models/colors that I didn't want, and when my time came I found out the dealer ordered Raven instead of Brilliant Black, which set me back until the next BB came in. I knew exactly what I wanted, and would not compromise. I must admit, I was very worried that it would never happen, and I had no back up plan (there was no other car I wanted). The wait (13 months) was worth it. When I got the car, it was like a dream come true.

In that time, I loved reading all your comments in the forum. You guys are the greatest group of people. I'm usually pretty busy, so I don't get to "chat real time". I'm usually two days behind you guys on the posts. I always seem to miss the good ones, and have to read them the next day. Yet I read every page, even if I have go back a couple pages, or three. However, I do soak in all the knowledge you guys put out there, and I appreciate it. A few of you stand out from the few posts I have had:

DennyTT - Knowledgeable, and sweetheart and a half. I wish she was on the West Coast so I could go to her house for an Install Party!
LarryTT - So knowledgeable, I wouldn't be surprised if Audi calls him for advice on THEIR cars.
CubsTTer - I gotta love those California girls.
PorTTland - Always helpful.
HoTTub - He's been married six months like me. I can relate. Plus, I think both our wives could be on a TT calendar.
SuiTTman - Jay, your web site helps members bond. Best thing that happened. You belong in the TT Hall of Fame.
Brad Willis - A fellow San Diegan, local TT celebrity - first person in San Diego to get a TT. There should be a statue of him somewhere (Balboa Park?).
subgenius - Another fellow San Diegan. Congratulations on the new TT two days ago!
I would like to recognize other San Diego TT'rs: TP, bgaTTesjr, Ron Stein, and sforce. (Anyone else?)

I apologize to those I left out, I didn't have a speech ready. There are so many others, I can't mention all of you, but your comments are invaluable.

Have a Happy New Year, and may the next year be even better. Thanks for the advice and entertainment.

Dreams do come true. And remember, "Always look on the bright side of life" (Quote from Monty Python's, Life of Brian).

Mitch
Old 12-31-2000, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

So tell us: Is life really good Seriously, congrats.
Old 12-31-2000, 05:53 AM

Congrats on a fun 2000....and I hope it always gets better for you.
Old 12-31-2000, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default heppy new year, mitch -- as good as the car is...

the new marriage and impending baby are even better. sounds like your life is pretty good! :-)
Old 12-31-2000, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Nice post, Mitch. All the best to you and yours from a fellow BB owner....

....and Monty Python junkie:-)

-Richard
BB 225QC
Old 12-31-2000, 07:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Happy New Year Mitch! - hope to meet you on a drive one of these days!
Old 12-31-2000, 08:29 AM

Default It's exciting that San Diego now has so many TTs, come on down the weather's fine. Thanks Mitch.

Congratulations, your life seems to be full of wonderful things. I hope many of us will be able to meet at the next So. Cal. TT owners get together. Till then have a Happy New Year and start shopping for a child seat.

Ron
Old 12-31-2000, 10:39 AM
Eighth Member of AudiWorld. God-like, glorious and all-knowing.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default A statue, eh? Hmmm, I might like that. Good luck getting the City to agree though...

Thanks on behalf of everyone for the nice comments, congratulations on all of your good fortune, and have a Happy New Year and a great 2001!
Old 12-31-2000, 02:44 PM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Happy New Year, Congratulations and Thanks. Can't wait to see that beautiful

baby you two are going to have!!! Good luck with everything in 2001.
Old 12-31-2000, 08:18 PM

congrats, we ended with y2k TT and a y2k baby

Quick Reply: Happy New Year and TThanks....