TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

It has been a blast, thank you (more)

Old 11-06-1999, 07:20 PM
STTeve R

Default It has been a blast, thank you (more)

I have learned lots of interesting things on this forum. Much about human nature, for sure. About the web technology AND about the Audi TT. I would like to believe that I have made several cyber-friends on this forum. If some enemies were made, fine. Know thine enemies and make them friends (or at the very least, tolerate them).

Thanks for the enlightenment, for the bantering, for the humor, and for sharing the consternation about ownership of the TT. In the long haul, whatever anyone decides about their TT, it will be the best decision for them (hopefully). I intend to keep my TT in its present form and will rely upon the local service staff to advise me of their opinions regarding safety modifications.

I will rely upon the Audi TT Club of America (as one of its charter members) for the TT support and information I need. The loose knit communication through the forum has evolved--for better or worse. It is apparent to me that it is too time consuming for the value I personally receive. And it is much too easy to be perceived or categorized in a totally different manner than one lives his/her daily life. Speaking to somebody is different than keyboarding. Too much room is left to interpretation.

Someone said on this forum to me (when keeping my TT was threatened by an economic situation) that the TT "is only a car." I tend to agree. But, it is a fine example of automotive achievement in the 100 years since the first automobile rolled off the assembly line.

We all have passionate feelings about the car. I have witnessed it daily on this forum. Perhaps putting it in perspective with everything else in life might relegate it to some significance without altering our egos. Now, I move on to practice what I have written.

When you see another TT, wave and honk. It might be me!

STTeve R

Old 11-07-1999, 06:09 AM
SAF

Default Re: It has been a blast, thank you (more)

Best of luck to you, Steve. Drive carefully.
Old 11-07-1999, 07:47 AM
Frank

Why so cut and dry of participation? Are you dying?(nt)
Old 11-07-1999, 07:49 AM
jack

Default Re: It has been a blast, thank you (more)

good riddance
Old 11-07-1999, 07:58 AM
???

Do you have a dog named Checkers? (nt)
Old 11-07-1999, 12:55 PM
bsm

Default I don't get you? The same BS you dislike was occurring 4 mos ago. Remember the WWII comments? (nt)

nt