TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Hey PPI AUTO DESIGN, I've got a question for you.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey PPI AUTO DESIGN, I've got a question for you.

I was told in March that the price for the rear bumper (RSTT style) was about $2700+ shipping+ tax, and obviously plus install and paint.... (hence why you haven't heard back from me... (that's REALLY expensive for a bumper kit, even one as freakin' cool as your's)

you guys told FasTT225 that it was about $1600...

What gives? What's the actual price?
I just want the bumper, the ducting, the 4 CF vent slits and the red center lense.

You guys should really make your prices public, I think a lot more people would buy these kits, as they are really cool... it's just no one knows how much they are, and going through e-mail to get pricing is a real hastle.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I think they may be distributed by different companies, so they may all have slightly.....

different pricing. They should be able to post a suggested price and there certainly shouldn't be that much of a difference.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

yeah, a $1000 difference is not "slight" at all... but you're right. an MSRP would be nice.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:37 PM

Default Please contact info@ppi-auto.com

Initial pricing was set by the North American Distributor: Ai Design. initially pricing was given as "estimates" only due to the nature of the products and the fact that it was never imported into the United States. Pricing has gone down quite dramatically as you have already asserted, because estimates for duties and shipping charges have gone down as well and most notably the exchange rate of the dollar vs. the euro has improved. All these factors are the reasons why pricing has changed. i apologize for any confusion that it has caused. There are people posting eroneous information on the internet about pricing which is sometimes too high and sometimes too low. I agree with you that one solution would be to advertise the price, but we nor our distributor have decided to do that yet.

please do not hesitate to contact us directly with your inquiries, alternatively you can contact info@aidesign.com or don@aidesign.com

We will be at Waterfest July 16-17 in Englishtown New Jersey. We plan on having 6 cars at over 4 stands. We are extremely busy preparing for the show, it is a joint effort between Ai Design and PPI Automotive Design.

Best Regards to all Forum members,

Benjamin Abraham
CEO PPI Automotive Design GmbH<ul><li><a href="http://www.ppi-auto.com">http://www.ppi-auto.com</a</li></ul>
Old 07-06-2005, 08:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default ok cool. info@ppi-auto.com has mail. Thanks! I was hoping it was just that

you guys had settled in more and gotten everything figured out and not that you were just quoting me a really high price. =)