TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

How long can PDI take?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-1999, 01:39 PM
Marc Sachs

Default How long can PDI take?

Well after listening to my salesman tell me a few days ago that my Blue TTQ could be here in 7-14 days I drove up to the dealers. Lo and behold my car was on the lot. My salesman was off but I confirmed that it was my car. Now I have to wait until it could be prepped. It needed a wash and it looked like the radio had to be installed. They are telling me it could take a week. I told them I didn't think that was an option. I wanted it in 1-2 days. Guess we'll see who wins. Wish me luck. After 5 months these last few days are going to be the hardest
Old 10-08-1999, 02:10 PM
Chuck Palm

Default Re: How long can PDI take?

I had exact same experience, it took 18hours from my knowing the car was on the lot to when I picked it up in delivery condition. I love my car, hope you will too. Happy motoring! P.S. Try to keep it under 100 dude.
Old 10-08-1999, 03:39 PM
Steve S.

IMHO...PDI should take 1...maybe 2 days maximum...whats this 7 day stuff???? (nt)
Old 10-08-1999, 09:39 PM
smiTTy

Default Re: How long can PDI take?

My 180Q arrived on Sept. 22nd. I drove it home Sept. 23rd. I can't take my eyes off this car!

BesTT Wishes!
Old 10-10-1999, 07:25 AM
JohnO

Default Your dealer is using your TT for advertising...

Seriously, is your TT the only one on the lot? Is it conspicuously parked in front? If so then I'd say the dealer is using the car as a "billboard." You should be able to take delivery within a day after arrival. If you have title to the car already and all the paperwork is done then I would consider suggesting to them that they compensate you for the use of your automobile as advertising. If not, then the car is really theirs until they decide to give it to you, I guess.

JohnO

Oh yeah, you can really stick it to the dealer by givng them "poor" ratings on the Audi customer service phone interview. In my experience, Audi takes a dim view of dealers who rate poorly. I got my A4 a week after it arrived at the dealer because the salesman didn't bother to contact me! Suffice to say, he no longer works at that dealer.