TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

I got a power sunroof in my 2001 TTQC Friday! I'll post pics tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2001, 09:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got a power sunroof in my 2001 TTQC Friday! I'll post pics tomorrow!

I'm very excited to tell all TTC owner's about my experience in getting a sunroof in my 2001 TTQC. I was the first TT owner at Auto-FX in Tacoma, WA, to get a sun roof installed. They've done 1,000+ installs in everything you can imagine. They do a lot of installs for car dealerships. The sunroof is an Emerald 19"x36" spoiler style sunroof with a manual sun shade. They guys at Auto-FX did an awesome job! We had to slant the antenna for the roof to open, and I need slightly shorter hatchback shocks to accommodate that. Small price to pay for getting a nice sunroof! I'll try to get pics of my car tonight and post them tomorrow.
Old 01-02-2001, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I want to come see it! Where are you located? Are you on the Seattle TT Club email list?
Old 01-02-2001, 09:55 AM

Default Re: I want to come see it! Where are you located? Are you on the Seattle TT Club email list?

I live in Portland, OR. I went to Tacoma for 2 reasons:

1. No one in Portland would touch the TT; and
2. the Tacoma Audi dealer uses Auto-FX exclusively for sunroofs.

I think I'm now on the Seattle TT email list. I'll see if I can get a decent picture of me new and improved TT tonight. I'm planning to go to Seattle TT club events if I can make it, so you might see it anyway. I'm very excitied to show it off since I was told 100 times that a power sunroof couldn't be put in the TT Coupe! Ha! The joke is on those guys now!
Old 01-02-2001, 09:57 AM

Hey, I'd like to check that out too! : ) Seen other pics and they are *not* attractive....
Old 01-02-2001, 10:02 AM

Default Re: Hey, I'd like to check that out too! : ) Seen other pics and they are *not* attractive....

I've only seen 1 other TT Coupe with a sunroof. It's the same old one here on AudiTT.org. I think my sunroof looks really good in the car. It sure is sweet driving down the road with light coming in the top of the car!
Old 01-02-2001, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Pls tell us who manufactures the sun roof
Old 01-02-2001, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I smell a group buy/group install group-group forming!
Old 01-02-2001, 10:19 AM

Default It's a standard Emerald, spoiler style, power unit. 19"x38"

It's all in the installation. This shop only uses Emerald because they are the best aftermarket sunroof on the market. Many other sunroof manufacturers are having problems with dying motors after a few years.
Old 01-02-2001, 10:21 AM
Elder Member

Default Sounds nice . . .ask them if they can do the following . . .

Since the sunroof is elecrtically powered, ask them to connect the close feature with the hatch release! That way you can still have the full opeing of the hatch and still have the sunroof, it would just close automatically when the hatch was released. It should not be too difficult, we are only talking about a circuit being interupted.

You should have had them remove the roof antenae while they were doing the install!
Old 01-02-2001, 10:23 AM

Default Group buy/installation?

I'm sure that can be arranged. The owner is a really great guy and the head installer! If we get a group together, I'll talk to the owner myself. The install took 7.5 hours, but mine was the first ever TT they've done. Normally they saw 6 hours.

Quick Reply: I got a power sunroof in my 2001 TTQC Friday! I'll post pics tomorrow!