TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

I installed the neuspeed turbo inlet pipe this weekend and my comments inside. :)

Old 10-21-2001, 11:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I installed the neuspeed turbo inlet pipe this weekend and my comments inside. :)

First the install, It was pretty straight forward. We did the job from the top and removed the intake and the tranmission bracket, along with some other hoses, such as DV. Used a 5mm hex wrench and took off the 1 bolt holding down the inlet pipe. Total job, 45-1hr job, including head scratching. Special thanks to SwifTT and some dude let us use his tools.

Now the gains. At first, I didn't noticed any gains. Matter of fact, I felt I was fooled after my first and 2nd run. Ahhhh....I don't know why, but after 10 minutes of driving it, the car completely changed. The car is now rev happy. 1st and 2nd has some change, but after you hit the higher RPM of the 3rd gear(4000-4500rpm), the power doesn't drop off anymore. Very smooth power band. I am truely impressed.

The stock piece is about 1/2 the size of the neuspeed pipe. It even looks restrictive.

SwifTT and I drove my car for an hour or so and he is also convinced there was gains.
Old 10-21-2001, 11:43 PM

Default I apologize for my lack of knowledge as I am new to turbo upgrades, but what is the turbo inlet pipe

To me it sounds like the pipe that connects from the intercooler to the engine? Am I way off?
Old 10-22-2001, 02:42 AM

Default Here are a few pics...

Actually, it's the hose going from the airbox to the turbo. Here's a link to a pic with the layout, #34 is the turbo inlet pipe:
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/aristsatsos/vwp2?.tok=bcun_nOBpRgPHEcO&.dir=/My+Photos&.dnm=hose.gif&.src=ph

JChen, do you have a link where I can find out more about the Neuspeed pipe? I've been having power problems above 5000rpm on my chipped TT 225 and found out the OEM pipe is collapsing. I've ordered a replacement from a German tuning company called B&B (MTM makes the same one), here's a pic of mine:

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/aristsatsos/vwp2?.tok=bcun_nOBwPIQgccI&.dir=/My+Photos&.dnm=druckrohr.jpg&.src=ph

Regards
Old 10-22-2001, 04:08 AM

Default 'The dude to let us use his tools'..

did most of the actual work.. :P

But of course, if we were to do everything again, we could do it properly right Jason? Anyways, I noticed the inlet pipe does improve the throttle response, and does flow freely in the upper rpm's. I think this would be my next mod on my list.
Old 10-22-2001, 04:10 AM

Wow..that pipe sure looks nice! how much did you get it for?
Old 10-22-2001, 04:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can fix it, my dad has an ultimate set of tools
Old 10-22-2001, 04:20 AM

WOW....that pipe looks nice!
Old 10-22-2001, 04:23 AM
Elder Member

Default Jason, why not do some before/after measurements when you do stuff like this?

It seems like you're really interested in maximizing your performance but you're not being very scientific about it. If you don't already have it, a small investment in the VAG software and some knowledge about which data blocks to record would put you and us in a dramatically better position to judge your enhancements. If you can't tell, I have absolutely no faith in the "butt dyno". It's been proven wrong here with hard measurements on numerous occasions.

BTW, I'm really not trying to give you a hard time so please don't take it that way. I just believe the placebo effect is WAY stronger than we give it credit for.
Old 10-22-2001, 05:03 AM
Elder Member

Can you PLEASE post the URL for where to order that B&B pipe?
Old 10-22-2001, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I installed one also on a 1.8T Beetle........

I have some before install dyno runs and when I get the chance, will do a few more pulls when I can get some dyno time.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I installed the neuspeed turbo inlet pipe this weekend and my comments inside. :)