TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

I never race people, but, it was an open stretch of highway and no one around...

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I never race people, but, it was an open stretch of highway and no one around...

It first started before getting on to the highway, I was at a stoplight about a 1/4 mile from the highway on ramp, when next to me pulls up a young guy in a WRX. It wasn't an STi, but, he appeared to be fixed up in some way shape or form. He didn't look ricey, but you could tell he had at least some aftermarket cosmetic stuff like some tasteful rims, tinted windows and some other stuff.

He rolls down his window and we chatted briefly at the light and he said he was moderately modded and wanted to know if TT's are fast or if they just look that way (he wasn't being a jerk, he just didn't know anything about the car, he admitted). I said, "Well, the highway looks pretty empty...." So, he said, "Ok, you get on the ramp first, and I'll follow you down.."

Game on. About 45 degrees this morning. I started down the ramp and waited for him to get in close behind me and nailed it from 2nd gear at about 3500 rpm. I don't know if Black Beauty knew she was upholding the sacred reputation of the 4 rings, but she shot down that on ramp with the ferocity of 1,000 bumble bees. The guy in the WRX slowly dropped back in my rear view mirror.

I got on the highway which was pretty deserted (I'd never do this in traffic), slowed down to about 45, put it in 3rd and let him get up next to me. He gave me the thumbs up, and I nailed her again. Ol' Black Beauty came through again as she pushed me back in the seat with the growling of all 1.8 liters of fury breathing heavily through lungs of TTDA, the WRX slipping back, I hit forth and as I kept my foot through the firewall, it must have been the rush of the race, but it felt like I was gonna peel the paint right off the car because the poor Subie just became a memory in my mirror.

I get off a couple exits down, and so does he, and we get side by side at a stop light. He is truly astonished. In parting, he says, "Man, I know what my next car is gonna be!.....Great race!"

Nice guy, and nice encounter. That is all for now.
Old 03-25-2005, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

"Beauty knew she was upholding the sacred reputation of the 4 rings" - Classic =)
Old 03-25-2005, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just curious, did you tell him you were modded?
Old 03-25-2005, 01:00 PM

Great story, Friday must be challenge a TT Day
Old 03-25-2005, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

He said he was moderately modded, and I said, "me too"
Old 03-25-2005, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Yeah, I read your story and had to share mine too.
Old 03-25-2005, 01:13 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice! WRX gets a little religion this Good Friday,,,,:-)
Old 03-25-2005, 01:47 PM

Default "The sacred reputation of the Four Rings...>>>

sounds like a good prequel to the Lord of the Rings. Or should I say that on this day you were Lord of the Rings! Ha! Marvelous write-up Kareem of WheaTT. Wish I had a 225 Quattro so that I could feel the joy of breathing fire on a WRX!
Old 03-25-2005, 02:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I owned a couple of ricer types today. Got my *** kicked by a Jaguar.Man was that thing fast !
Old 03-25-2005, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Good story, it was probably the smoked tails that won it for you,.......

just kidding of course

Quick Reply: I never race people, but, it was an open stretch of highway and no one around...