TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

I'll finally be able to join the "lowered audi TT group" LOL!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'll finally be able to join the "lowered audi TT group" LOL!

I decided to man up and just order a KMAC kit as well as the proper hubcentric rings for my wheels. I was going to just install the H&R coilovers that I came in last week; but after being on this board for awhile now; I almost started feeling guilty for even thinking of not doing it right the first time....oh well. Now if only it would stop raining!!!
Old 04-24-2006, 06:41 AM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default its about time Tony. just don't go too crazy with the coilovers...

now, you'll have to watch out for things that may scrape the bottom of your car that you didn't have to before.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:54 AM

Default I just put a set on this weekend

Good feel, and I pick up a wheel going in and out of my driveway. It can drop the front incredibly far, really tucking the tire up and in the fender well. The rear though can only go to the point that the top of the tire is even with the fender arch. I had to bring mine up a bit, with the way I drive (I don't slow down for anything) it makes more sense to run higher. I have one more adjustment to make, then I will be ~1.5" down on all four corners.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Yeah i know!!! I'm going to have to be extra carefull for the first few drives.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

so i take it that its fairly easy to adjust once on the car?
Old 04-24-2006, 08:39 AM

Default Yup .

Put the car in the air, pull the tires, and the fronts can be adjusted using supplied wrenches.

In addition to that, to adjust the rear you have to put a jack under the hub for support. Pull the bottom shock / sway endlink bolt. Drop the hub a bit (using the jack). Adjust as needed. Jack up the hub to align the bolt. Torque down the bolt.

Put on tires. Drive, smile.

Having the jack there isn't critical, but it is nice to hold things steady while you are trying to put the bolt back in. Plan an hour for adjustment on all four corners, taking your time with a tape measure and a pad to see where you are. The adjustment on the rear is deceptive, as the amount of adjustment translates to a longer throw at the hub. I will reply to this post later tonight with a means to convert between the adjustment and the actual drop (I have one more measurement to do).

--Tim--
Old 04-24-2006, 08:41 AM
Elder Member

Default tony, make sure you take a measurement before putting them on, therefore assuring that

you have a baseline. especially since springs may settle slightly differently...and will have some settling after a few 100 miles or so. making the adjustments OFF the car is alot more easier than ON the car, but if you dial them in close to where you want to, its easy to make parallel adjustments (L and R) then.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:42 AM
Elder Member

Default careful when you park (watch for parking tombstones), when you go over steep

driveways (front bottom nose gets close), over bumps and raised manhole covers (depending upon how crowned the road is), etc.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

awesome; thanks!
Old 04-24-2006, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

great info...thanks Bill

Quick Reply: I'll finally be able to join the "lowered audi TT group" LOL!