TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Im feeling all jacked up.....

Old 08-04-2005, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im feeling all jacked up.....

Most of the pictures I see on this forum of your precious tt's make my little fella look like a 4x4. Maybe its just me, but have most of you folks put lowering kits on? It definitely makes the car more sheek looking. In a few days I will be getting the OSIR front end put on and changing the rear valance. Also getting a B&M SS. Is there any downside to lowering and what is involved? Thanks everybody.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default it's b/c you're a wolverine ;-)

i don't think there are any real downsides to moderate lowering.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:40 PM

Default allow my anti mod side to come through

Don't tant your TT with that crap. Riso's front bumper is a tacky glue on piece and the short shifter will make it harder to shift than the buttery-smooth stock shifting feel. Also, you will notice after awhile ur trans will grind due to harsh abrupt shifting. Thats all--
Old 08-04-2005, 05:50 PM

Default hmmm.. might have to rethink the short shifter....

I am still going with the OSIR front end. alot cheaper than the 3.2 and looks almost the same. Besides, The shop that does the work for me does a great job. Sorry you think it is tacky. I definitely dont want to screw around with messing up the transmission though, so thanks for the input there. Anyone else have input on B & M short shifter?
Old 08-04-2005, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Please post pictures after its finished...

I'd like to see an ALMS for reference as I start doing mine. Thanks!
Old 08-04-2005, 06:40 PM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default used to be hard to find a good lowering solution for the tt but ...

now that the kw kits are readily available, it's a no-brainer.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: no, you "need" a short shifter

hey man,

The B & M is a very complicated installation, from what I understand. With my limited mechanical skills, anything is a complicated installation, but the B & M is beyond me. A 3+ hour install from what I've heard. Most here favor the dieselgeek shortshifters, either "Race" or whatever their newest one is, "ultra" maybe. Anyway, easier to install, and makes the shifts shorter without being overly notchy. If you're going to make the throw shorter, it's gonna be notchier to some extent, but combining a DG short shifter with a sweet Raffi **** (Auto Aesthetics) that's heavier really results in a nice combo. Raffi is a forum member with your exact car, btw... Anyway, don't be afraid of the shortshifter! One of the reasons I *got* one was in hopes of overall smoother shifts with less grinding, which hasn't happened, but it doesn't grind anymore now than it did stock; the TTransmission is just a weak point, arguably as I think it is in many Audi models. It does help to have your stock tranny fluid changed out and put in Redline MT-90. A bit better lubrication.

Definitely get a suspension! That's the very first thing that was done to my car, before I ever picked it up new at the dealer; they put it on for me and did an alignment when new. Not only better looking, but better handling, and noticeably. And yes, most of us have changed out the suspension. Arguably the first mod the TT needs, along with a chip.

Perhaps you're feeling a little mixed up because your car is Ohio State colors! : ) Never fear, a sweet TT nonetheless....
Enjoy it, mod it, enjoy it even more. Oh yeah, a better diverter valve like a Hyperboost, and a TTDA.
Cheers man, and Go Blue!

Rich
Old 08-05-2005, 01:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

go with a Diesel geek Ultra shifter.....and if you want to lower, do it. I don't regret it.
Old 08-05-2005, 02:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I have the DG and don't care for it.