TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

IslOMan is back on the road w/new subwoofer on my Bose.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2001, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IslOMan is back on the road w/new subwoofer on my Bose.

FINALLY got my car back on the road after a LONG winter hibernation. The first drive was just like my real first drive. Man I've missed this car!!!!!!!!!!

1) Just finished installing the Bazooka subwoofer in the rear, connected to the Bose amp directly by splicing into the rear woofer output (mono signal on the Bose so I only had to tap one side), hooked up the front mounted remote sub level control and ba-da-BOOM. I now have to turn the bass down to -3 on the headunit - that's a change huh?

2) Did the obligatory wash & carnauba, even though I did the same in November for my pre-hibernation ritual. Instead of hand applied Zymol estate glaze that I usually use, I used some nice smelling wax that I picked up at the Porsche dealer called Uberholspur (The Fast Lane). Goes on & off quick like Zymol and sets with a water spritz (like Z) to a optically clear shine.

3) Called the insurance company for full coverage (I drop all but comp in the winter months) and I'm golden for FH20.

This will most likely be the first time that my TT's seen rain in it's lifetime. Oh well, what better event to get baptised! We'll see you all there - can't wait.