TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

To Jenner where on the web can you get the kenwood touchscreen(more)

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-1999, 10:06 PM
Jay

Default To Jenner where on the web can you get the kenwood touchscreen(more)

for 1500 dollars I want to put it into my lexus and would like to know where i can get it at the price.
Old 12-18-1999, 06:06 AM
Jenner

Default Kenwood url and some info for you Jay.

It won't let me give you a direct link because the storefront is done via cgi script. So just follow this link, scroll down till you can click on Automobile Audio/Video, then click on Control Unit, last click on Kenwood VZ907/A907. Price $1497.50

But let me warn you before you do this. Unless you have a car audio installer that is a good friend of yours/owes you a favor, or unless you plan on installing it yourself, don't buy it from this place for several reasons.

1. A local installer probably won't touch this unit because A. you didn't buy it from their store, and B. Autotoys is NOT an authorized online Kenwood dealer. Which means if the installer screws up your install, no warranty on the unit.

2. This unit is a lengthy and complicated install because the audio video break out box needs to be installed someplace else and the unit has to be wired into the hand brake because its illegal to have a video device functioning in the front seat area while in motion.

I talked to the same place in CT that did my audio install in my TT and that I have been using for car audio/home theater for several years. I ended up paying ~$325 more than autotoys.com because I wanted the warranty on the unit and they told me they wouldn't install one that wasn't bought from an authorized Kenwood dealer. I ended up talking them down from $1999 to $1825, and the install for the unit is $250, plus another $150 for the custom ebony Plexiglas frame to fill the extra space from the oversized BOSE radio. That $250 is also getting my AC/DC inverter hardwired for my playstation to plug into, so yours might be cheaper. The place I am using is what I feel the best shop in CT for car audio installs and worth the high install price. If someone tells you it will cost $100 to install this unit, leave. They'll do a hack job and you'll regret it down the road.(Of course if your friend is an installer and giving you a discount that's different)

Just trying to give you some helpful advice. The best of both worlds would be to order it from autotoys, save $500 and have a installer friend or car audio shop that will install it for you without and disclaimers. For me the extra $325 is worth the piece of mind, that if something goes wrong I am not out $1500 and that the job was done right.

-Jenner
'00 180QX TT Garrett H&R Sport Springs<ul><li><a href="http://store.autotoys.com/cgi-bin/wfp53024.storefront/">store.autotoys.com</a></li></ul>