AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   TT (Mk1) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/tt-mk1-discussion-9/)
-   -   Just Bought My First... (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/tt-mk1-discussion-9/just-bought-my-first-1884110/)

EllisonX 04-30-2004 03:55 PM

Just Bought My First...

I just bought my first Audi, a TT Quattro convertible, the 225hp model. I apologize if I'm asking some really newbie questions here....what are some of the things I should be aware of that might cause problems? What are the good websites for aftermarket and accessories?

I usually research cars before I buy them and this was a case of falling in love. I went to try to get myself into a Boxster, drove the Audi TT and loved the drive, loved the fact that it's all wheel drive, love the power and handling, and especially love the price (half a Boxster).

Thanks for any advice/ help you guys can give.

blackfnTTruck 04-30-2004 03:59 PM

Quattro is great in the snow

TTstuff.com has some nice stuff

Europa 04-30-2004 04:09 PM

Congratulations and welcome. I did the same as you: went to buy a Boxster, but liked the TT better.

I have a 2002 225q Roadster and just love the thing. The feel was much better than the Porsche (it's tough to argue with a turbo torque curve), the TT had better build quality and materials, and I thought the price was a lot better. I'm still happy I went this way.

As for problems, here are a few:
- gauge clusters symptom is bad readings on the dials (can leave you stranded if they fail);

- fuel senders (gas gauge reads incorrectly);
- MAF sensors die easily;

- The diverter valve (DV), which operates like a blow-off valve but dumps excess pressure back into the intake instead of the atmosphere, is pretty weak and is a very common upgrade.

This is a short list, but the 225s are pretty solid. I've had no serious problems, and I drive mine very aggressively.

As far as common mod websites:
www.forgemotorsport.com
www.ecstuning.com
www.ttstuff.com
www.stratmosphere.com
www.apr.com
www.revotechnic.com
www.giac.com
www.bahnbrenner.com
www.achtuning.com
www.edgeracing.com

dannyTTnyc 04-30-2004 04:10 PM

Enjoy!!!

ttstuff
stratmosphere
lltek

are some websites

lots of good info here, the search feature was very useful when i first got mine.

oh, and you hae to show us a pic of your car, its teh rules ! ;)

370HSSV 0773H 04-30-2004 04:11 PM

What year dude?

ITALSKIER 04-30-2004 04:16 PM

do a search....check out TTstuf.f..Forge....the 225 is VERY VERY Moddable.......if you want to go

to the DARK SIDE...........

EllisonX 04-30-2004 04:32 PM

Re: Quattro is great in the snow

Thanks for the welcome and the info everyone, it's much appreciated!

Mine is a 2004, Imola yellow/ black roof, ebony interior. 6 speed manual, premium audio package, baseball optic leather heated seats, 18 inch 7 spoke wheels, Continental low profile tires.

It goes like hell! I had a great drive home here in Connecticut. Top down, radar detector on (Passport..cincinati microwave rules!), and an excellent Tears for Fears CD in. Considering I went from a 1998 Honda Passport to this, life just got fun again. I will never own a box on wheels again. I'd forgotten what it was like to really drive.

Thanks again for the welcome. I'll lurk and learn!

the Quiet sTTorm... 04-30-2004 04:36 PM

Weclome. A lot of newbie info / pics @ my fotki site... <link at bottom of sig>

silverTTcoupe 04-30-2004 05:06 PM

Sounds nice congrats!!

Europa 04-30-2004 08:16 PM

That sounds awesome... love the yellow. And an '04? You'll have far fewer problems...