TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Just got back from the dealership regarding the rattling sound I have been hearing...

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got back from the dealership regarding the rattling sound I have been hearing...

I went to a test drive with an Audi tech this morning and at first he thought the sound could be coming from the exhaust hanger or the heat shield. Upon closer inspection in the shop, it turns out to be the spring in the rear brake pads causing the noise. No more annoying metal clunking sound driving with the windows down.

I am returning to the dealership next week to take care of the plastic vibrating sound that I hear when driving on bumpy road surface. In addition, my driver side mirror needs to be replaced due to an unremovable blotch inside the mirror. I am keeping my fingers crossed and hopefully I can fully enjoy the car once everything have been taken care of.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

was the pad seated incorrectly? Those springs are a serious PITA to get seated correctly.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

at one point by brake pads were cracked... and were making funny noises. They replaced 'em for free.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:01 PM

Default it's unfortunate that it happened on a new car but they'll take care

of it I'm sure and you'll never regret the purchase.
Now go enjoy that 3.2 exhaust sound!!
Old 03-24-2005, 01:10 PM

Default which, the spring clamp thingy? mine have gone in and out like a charm...

needlenose pliers do the trick but once in, they stay niely. BTW, did you see the interest in your cloth seats from Tyrolsport earlier today?!
Old 03-24-2005, 01:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default The great thing about Audi is

they cover EVERYTHING. I've had brake pads, windshield wiper blades, my head unit (paint on the #3 memory button flaking), and some other stuff REPLACED.... FOR FREE! Soon to be my Clutch and maybe even the transmission (3rd gear is grinding when I shift fast... even with clutch fully depressed the whole time)... and I'm sure they'll cover it, they always do.

Just remember these words...

"ANY repair to correct a manufacturer's defect in material or workmanship except wheel alignment, tire balance and the repair or replacement of tires" (quoted from memory by the way)

The only things they don't cover are things caused by outside influence... like a bent axle from hitting a curb, or pothole...

I love Audi. I know some here have had problems with their dealerships' service departments, but Audi of Alexandria near DC has always taken excellent care of me... I haven't shelled out a DIME for ANYTHING in over two years of ownership. Just go in, be knowledgable, polite, and patient and they should cover everything without question... and remember it's not the dealer's fault... it's the manufacturer's... and the dealer is your only saving grace in between. Treat them well, and they'll treat you well. =)

Welcome to the Audi family by the way. You've picked a great car. ENJOY!
Old 03-24-2005, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

yep, saw the post, not quite ready to give mine up tho
Old 03-24-2005, 02:24 PM

the seats, or your car?!
Old 03-24-2005, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

just the seats, after the mods this weekend I'm not giving up the car
Old 03-24-2005, 02:29 PM

well, wonder what modding they'd do to it as well!!

Quick Reply: Just got back from the dealership regarding the rattling sound I have been hearing...