TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

By and large I think most TT owners do get it.

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2001, 09:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default By and large I think most TT owners do get it.

Today I decided that, for the most part, TT owners are a good bunch and I think most of them, even the ones who don't know about this place, feel like they are part of a group from owning a TT. They get it. In Atlanta TT's are fairly rare. I usually see maybe 1 per week, maybe. Most of the time it's at a distance where a hand wave would go unnoticed but today driving to lunch I had the rare chance to see two other TT's and upon giving a wave they both waved back with a smile and nod. I think more people get it than don't. Like bikers and harley owners. A while back the girlfriend and I were driving to Helen and there was a big biker gathering up there. We were following this guy back and every bike he passed he stuck out his hand, low to the ground with two fingers out, every passing biker responded in kind. They get it! I thought that was so cool and wondered if many TT owners felt that way, since we are realistically a minority auto. All but one of the TT owners I've flagged like that have always responded the same way. Even the ones I've ran into in parking lots and had a chance to speak to always seem friendly and somewhat enthusiastic when they see another TT owner who takes the time to speak. What do you folks think?
Old 07-13-2001, 09:23 AM

Default Exactly..

How can you own this kind of car and not have a big a$$tek grin on your face. It just makes you feel good.

I figure that everyone who buys this type of car must have some of the same personality qualities (and from the meetings I have been to with other TT owners, that is definitely the case) as other owners.
Old 07-13-2001, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Agree with the exception of owners who have more aTTitude than apTTitude...

Seems that random meetings with other TT'er's in LA has left me feeling a bit wanton. The folks I am talking about generally have more money than brains, and are used to having the latest car.

They are the same people that had the 450SL in the 80's and now want to trade their TT for a Lexus convertible.

For me, the car is a driveable luxury. It is not a luxury I drive to be anything other than who I am. Design, style, class, and uniqueness drove my decision. I dislike meeting the occasional owner that "gets" the part about class while leaving out the other qualities.

If I had a Harley, I too would wave. I hope to exhibit the same 'class' as the car I drive, not the crass of some of the folks I have met.

Glen
Old 07-13-2001, 09:51 AM

Default Not been so responsive around here (RTP, NC) .. I was so excited to see a fellow ..

TT-er in the gym's parking lot, that I left my eMail and Info about the forum .. not a word, guess they must of thought I was a nut .. well, I am and so what ? I love this car, I wave at others that I see (very few) but don't get a response back .. guess it must be the attitiude/money thing .. too bad, they are truly missing out !
Old 07-13-2001, 09:59 AM

Default I will say this.......

You are exactly right about the ATL thing. Hardly ever see another one and when I do it is always at a distance or I am in a different car....

We need to have an ATL TT gathering, Anyone Game?
Old 07-13-2001, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I wave.... and get a lot of silly looks from other TT'ers. But your right, we are a unique and grow

growing group. I use to drive a Jeep Wrangler... and had the wave there. I have seen the Motorcycle wave too.

I feel like I know more than others about TT's and do not think the majority of owners participate here in this Forum or others. But it is catchy.... and we will see how things go.

e!
Old 07-13-2001, 10:17 AM

Default Unfortunately, TTs are so common in the Bay Area that most TT drivers ignore each other. It's...

just another car here, like Acuras and Civics.
Old 07-13-2001, 10:24 AM

I find coupe owners much friendlier than roadster owners (forum roadster owners excepted, of course)
Old 07-13-2001, 10:29 AM

Default in the dc/baltimore area, virtually all the tt's i've waved to or flashed my headlights at...

have responded (positively!).
Old 07-13-2001, 10:30 AM

and lake silver coupe owners are the friendliest of all, since we have the fastest tt's! :-)

Quick Reply: By and large I think most TT owners do get it.