TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Looking at October Audi sales, will the new TT sell?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 03:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking at October Audi sales, will the new TT sell?

I am just thinking about next year when the TT comes out, who will buy it? Looking at the October sales report, TT's are down nearly 69% from last year. The A6 is up nearly 159% from last year!!! Do you think that with the new design there will be a huge rush of sales at Audi for the new TT like there is for the new A6?<ul><li><a href="http://media.audiusa.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=9678">Audi's October Sales Report</a></li></ul>
Old 11-02-2005, 03:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Hope not, rather see fewer of them around.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:00 PM

Default Depends upon how it looks...

and what the price will be. The present TT is a landmark design. Unfortunately it has not lived up to retaining its value anywhere near the predictions about it in 1999 when the 2000 model was introduced.

My guess is that Audi is not really committed to the TT as much as to other models. Not certifying for California and the Northeast for 2006 was likely influenced by lower sales figures in 2004 of the TT model. The TT is a beautiful design, but a bit pricey for what it delivers. And Audi has not solved problems like instrument cluster failures, etc. The TT is a brilliant design concept, reasonably well-engineered, but a bit heavy for its available power. Also Dr. Piech who authorized its production is not at the helm, and Freman Thomas, the Designer has moved on to another manufacturer, so it may be that the TT does not have a "champion" at Audi to push it forward...
Old 11-02-2005, 04:15 PM

Default Our cars are going out with a bang, really! They may not have...

retained their value in dollars, but their short lived life on the market will make them stand out in years to come. Sorry guys, I never liked the Roadster. What made the TT a "TT" was the killer roofline. I still love it's aggressive line. And the fact that there are products out there to make our baby beasts, kinda' mini supercars, is encouraging to those of us that want to keep the car for a while.

I would like to get another, but not in the cards immediately. Maybe after the first of the year. We'll see. If I can get my hands on a low mileage ALMS, I'd be stoked. Other than that, I have absolutely no plans to get a new car for a while. I love my car. A little modding and BAM, I feel new all over again. And given that I went out to lunch today, and the darn thing still turns heads like crazy, well as meem said, this car is all about style. And you betcher'a*ss that makes the TT a winner with me. It's weird. Kinda' like I can't think of any car I want after the TT right now. Porsche is blah, the asian cars are dull looking and a dime-a-dozen, and I have never been a sedan person, so that's out. If I could slide into an A8, well that would be the only one I'd consider. But it's highly unlikely. Other than that, as much as I like change, the TT is a wonderful little monster and I intend to trick her out fully after I run my ext. warranty out. So...more to come.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:27 PM

Default The sales will depend alot on how well they market it....

....and how well it delivers on what they claim. I'm surprised at how rare it has been to see the TT advertised over the last few years. I predict the 1st gen TT's will rebound in value eventually as a collectors item....unless the next gen TT is a knock-out....not too likely from what we've seen so far.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:31 PM

Default Next TT will conform, not stand out, or so it seems. Too bad really...but..

you're right, I think the value will rebound. They had it right when they designed this car's looks. The cockpit always amazes folks who get in my car for the first time. They are amazed at the space and think it's pretty slick. So do I. Other than a re-dye on my seats, I think she's holding up pretty well.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:26 PM

2nd.......2nd........2nd........2ND!....Well said!
Old 11-02-2005, 08:29 PM

Thanks. I love your fricken wheels! So envious.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Short lived? The car has been on the market UNCHANGED for almost 7 years.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

and boy is it still beautiful

Quick Reply: Looking at October Audi sales, will the new TT sell?