TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Mk1 '99 Electric wiring problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 09:44 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mk1 '99 Electric wiring problem

Hey,

So I have a problem with my Mk1 Audi TT 8N 1999. One night car started and then turned itself off. Tried to start but no use. After that I noticed my fuel pump doesn't make a sound. Then the problem was fuel pump. After letting electrician take a look he said that the electricity wasn't coming to fuel pump. Okay. Wire runs from fuel pump to fuse but not to relay. And he didn't found any wire that could come to fuse for power supply. How is that possible that no wire goes to fuse and to relay and what in the world was suppling power to fuel pump in the first place? And is there some wiring diagrams for fuses and relays on the free web? Any help is so appreciated guys.
Old 09-13-2018, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey there, newcomer as well. I have a 2000 tt with same issue. Unfortunately, bought fuel pump (approx.$500) to no avail. The car would occasionally not start then after a bit would till no more. Read up on cluster because shortly after buying the car the console would also periodically go crazy so knew i had to rebuild it. New is listed $1200 from Audi BUT told no longer available or manufactured. Plus if replaced with another it would need to be flashed for the particular vehicle. Found modulemaster and called to discuss rebuild. They were very helpful in sharing what they knew and procedure for repairing cluster. It is my THOUGHT that the cluster is setting off anti theft protection, preventing power to the fuel pump. Vehicle cranks well with spark but no fuel. At this time i will be sending out the cluster to be rebuilt and will post the results when complete. I have one last doubt about whether the aftermarket radio will create the same issue as i don't have the anti theft code to reset. So will see what challenge lies ahead. Hope this info gives some insight to the possibilities you may be facing. Good luck