TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Moving from Chicago to Phoenix just so my TT will never rust...

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2002, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving from Chicago to Phoenix just so my TT will never rust...

...nah...just kidding...honestly though, I am moving to Arizona within the next month. Question for Arizona people...A. Is there a good number of TT or Audi owners that gather now and then for drives, B.S. or whatever...B. Is the Scottsdale Audi dealership the only one in the area??? If so I guess that I am at their mercy...are they decent guys there? C. I noticed that you can only find 91octane at most gas stations...is there any place that has 93in the area (my baby is only used to 93 in Chi-town) and D. What the hell is with your insurance and registration rates?!?!?!? Insurance goes up 20% and to register my car is some insane amount of money I pay $77 per year here and I think they told me at the DMV that it will be close to $500...do I get a free warning to get out of my first speeding ticket down there???
Old 05-21-2002, 01:35 PM

Default Phoenix- Instead you get to watch the paint fade!

Right on, another TT in the Valley! Here's some answers for ya:
A. mostly A4/S4 drivers getting together, us TT owners always have excuses ;-)
B. Yep, although the are in the process of opening an awesome new location in North Scottsdale. They're probably as good as anywhere else, although they used to be real cool when they promoted the sale/installation of performance chips. I gotta say, the service writers are excellent.
C. Phoenix has the worst gas I have ever come across in the country. Lots of places sell race gas at the pump, though :-) no 93 or 94 like back east, though.
D. Insurance is not too bad compared to other places IMO, but the registration sucks- based off value of car and declines (slowly) every year. I pay nearly $700 for my 225 a year.

We do have some excellent roads to look forward to (and unfortunately, some of the worst drivers, too!).

What part of the valley are ya moving to?
Old 05-21-2002, 01:42 PM

Default i did the opposite

i grew up in phoenix, came to chicago to go to college, and ended up staying.

arizona views car registration as a form of "personal property tax" so the registration is really bad.

the porsche/bmw dealer on camelback used to sell audi, but apparently they dropped the line... probably when the A4 was re-designed and audi really started to steal bmw sales.

where in phoenix are you moving? i lived in moon valley (7th street + thunderbird area).
Old 05-21-2002, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In AZ cars seem to "run to the border" without their owners = HIGH rate
Old 05-21-2002, 02:43 PM

Insurance and registration are high. Scottsdale Audi is a very good dealer open to mods.
Old 05-21-2002, 02:52 PM

Default Welcome to the valley... Always nice to have another TTer down here...

Scottsdale Audi is pretty cool. Talk to Jason or Brian down there. Tell them Tyler sent you in. They'll take real good care of you. They always do me right (although not always on the first attempt). 93 is really hard to find. However, 110 octane can be found at a few pumps around. I think I paid $380 for my plates this year. Yes, you will probably get a free warning, no if you are going more than 20 over, and definitely not if they catch you doing 155 mph on Dynamite road (I swear it wasn't me ...). If you want to meet some other TT guys, give me a call on pretty much any Saturday @ 602-321-9594. I'm always glad to go to the local car show at the Pavillion's in Scottsdale (101 and Indian Bend) and grab some dinner and talk cars. Ducman is another cool TT guy down here.
Old 05-21-2002, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I will probably be moving SOUTH...real south...

...I will be staying with relatives for a while...they live off of 10 and Riggs rd (from what I hear it is considered the boonies)...will be working off of Thomas rd...right off of 10. Looking for a place to live...seen places off of Jefferson and Central near the "downtown" area that I like...question...does the paint fade that bad...even if I wax once a month????? Car is black so I would not think it would be too bad...yeah I noticed that the drivers out there are bad...especially between Thanksgiving and Easter (can you say old-bad-drivers???) I would like to hook up with other TT/Audi guys and go for a drive. I love the liberal speed limits out there (75mph in some spots..you will never see that in Chicago). Oh yeah...does the hot weather really affect the turbo that bad???? Well, time to get my sun screan packed!
Old 05-21-2002, 06:44 PM

Default $380 a year?!? WTF am I doing wrong?!?

I just checked- I paid $594! Maybe because I'm buying and your leasing?
Old 05-21-2002, 10:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default 1. we are starting to get together for drives. 2. about $350. 3. Scottsdale Audi sux. Welcome....

you can leave your shovel in Chicago!
Old 05-21-2002, 10:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Come join me..I have driven about every road in the state.