TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Newbie: Is this a good deal for 2001 TT (225hp)?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2003, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie: Is this a good deal for 2001 TT (225hp)?

Howdy!
I'm looking at buying a 2001 TT, 52k miles, 225hp model with the cd player and heated seats. It's in ok shape, but has some problems the dealer said he would fix: engine check line is on, alighnment pulls to the right, and the door lock on the left side is destroyed.

I after a little wheeling and dealing I got him to agree to $23,000, penning a mechanical review. I'm pretty excited about the whole thing. I've been driving a Del Sol and this will be quite the upgrade.
Old 09-27-2003, 07:13 PM

Default I would not touch that car for that price....too high.....here's more from Kelly BB

Engine: 4-Cyl. 1.8L HO Turbo
Trans: 6 Speed Manual
Drive: Quattro AWD
Mileage: 52,000

Buy a New Car

Buy a Used Car

List Your Car For Sale Online

Free Lemon Check

Auto Loans from 3.49% APR

Insurance Quote

Warranty Quote

Print "For Sale" Sign

Payment Calculator

Sell your car on eBay Motors

Equipment
Air Conditioning
Power Steering
Power Windows
Power Door Locks
Telescoping Wheel
Cruise Control
AM/FM Stereo
Cassette
Single Compact Disc
Dual Front Air Bags
Front Side Air Bags
ABS (4-Wheel)
Leather
Alloy Wheels

Consumer Rated Condition: Fair
"Fair" condition means that the vehicle probably has some mechanical or cosmetic defects, but is still in safe running condition. The paint, body and/or interior need work to be performed by a professional in order to be sold. The tires need to be replaced. There may be some repairable rust damage. The value of cars in this category may vary widely. A clean title history is assumed. Even after significant reconditioning this vehicle may not qualify for the Blue Book Suggested Retail value.

Private Party Value $18,055
Private Party value represents what you might expect to pay for a used car when purchasing from a private party. It may also represent the value you might expect to receive when selling your own used car
Old 09-27-2003, 07:16 PM

Default Compare it to the post 2 threads down...

For the mileage and all the possible problems resulting from those damages, I'm not sure if that's such a great buy. Check audiusa.com for other preowned TTs in your area if you want a certified one (something I'd definitely recommend). Also, check ebay or other auto-trader type websites and see what you can get.

I'd be weary of an engine light and especially a "destroyed" drivers side door lock. I'd definitely spend the $20 or whatever and do a carfax report on it or ask the dealer for one, as dealers usually do them for free if there isn't anything to hide. Of course, the dealer will try to convince you a carfax report is useless, but get one anyway... better safe than sorry.
Old 09-27-2003, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are so many TTs on the market, don't settle for one with obvious problems.
Old 09-27-2003, 07:24 PM

Default price seems a little high...

for the condition you discribed. You should be able to get a 225qc in great condition with those miles for that price. Shop around get prices, if anything perhaps you can get the dealer to knock a more off the price.

a TT would be a nice upgrade!
Old 09-27-2003, 07:35 PM

Default I thought the price would be ok, seeing as how the dealer agreed to fix the problems.

I thought the price would be ok, seeing as how the dealer agreed to fix the problems. He wanted $26 and I got him down to 23, and fix everything.
It looked like someone tried to steal the car, that's how the lock cover got torn off.
Old 09-27-2003, 07:40 PM

Default go here and look for yourself

<ul><li><a href="http://www.kbb.com">http://www.kbb.com</a</li></ul>
Old 09-27-2003, 07:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default $26K said by the dealer is definitely too high for that kind of mileage

and i agree...$23k sounds too high as well. 52,000 miles is alot...

does it have a warranty?? it better.
Old 09-27-2003, 07:53 PM

Default how about this.....

2001 Audi TT Quattro Coupe 2D

Engine: 4-Cyl. 1.8L HO Turbo
Trans: 6 Speed Manual
Drive: Quattro AWD
Mileage: 52,000

Equipment
Air Conditioning
Power Steering
Power Windows
Power Door Locks
Telescoping Wheel
Cruise Control
AM/FM Stereo
Cassette
Single Compact Disc
Premium Sound
Dual Front Air Bags
Front Side Air Bags
ABS (4-Wheel)
Leather
Alloy Wheels
Retail Value $25,025
The Kelley Blue Book Suggested Retail Value represents the amount an auto dealer might ask for a specific vehicle. The Suggested Retail Value is a starting point for negotiation therefore the actual sale price will vary. Popularity, condition, warranty, color and local market conditions will be factors involved in determining a final price. This retail value is not a trade-in or private party value.
This Suggested Retail Value assumes that the vehicle has been fully reconditioned and has a clean title history. The Suggested Retail Value also allows for advertising, sale commissions, insurance and other costs of doing business as a dealer. Most vehicles being offered at this price have passed an inspection and some may carry a warranty.
Old 09-27-2003, 10:25 PM

Default what kind of warranty is on it?

I bought my 2001 used Audi assured for the remainder of the 6 years/100k miles.

Quick Reply: Newbie: Is this a good deal for 2001 TT (225hp)?