TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Newbie question on Audi navigation system clock

Old 01-01-2001, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie question on Audi navigation system clock

Hi TT enthusiasts, as a new TT owner this forum has been a lot of help to me as I've lurked here, thanks!

After focusing on the basics of learning (driving, steering, ...) my TT, I'm now trying some of the more ?advanced? features. There are parts of this navigation system have me a bit befuddled, I like the basic system and it does seem to work. But beyond the basics, I am lost. I have a 2001 TT and the navigation CD-ROM is dated 07/00.

To my question.... The navigation display shows what appears to be a time of day in some of its screens. If it is a time of day, it never agrees with the time that I have set in the clock in the tachometer. It seems to always lead the `correct' time by about 20 minutes, although this has been shorter. I don't think it is an estimate arrival time display, am I wrong?

To add to my confusion, I cannot find any where in the menus of the navigation system to adjust the time. The manual for the system refers to a `clock' selection in the `settings' menu, however this selection for the `clock' does not appear in my car.
Old 01-01-2001, 10:52 AM

Default Time display is estimated arrival time...

mine is usually accurate within one or two minutes of actual arrival at the set destination. If yours always leads correct time by 20 minutes, even as nearing a programed location, seems like something may be wrong. Regarding setting the clock, I couldn't find any clock setting either, notwithstanding the manual's reference to one. Being that my estimated arrival time seems to be pretty accurate, I assume that the current software versions automatically reset the nav system clock when the TTs clock/date display is changed. Hope this helps.
Old 01-01-2001, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Sounds like you need to slow down, and sit and read the manual. Nav system is easy once you know....

how to use it. I think it works great.

Like Bish said, it's showing your ETA at the destination you told it to bring you to.

Tip: If you don't like the routes it plots you, you need to play with the road preferences in the setup.

I would just read the manual and take your time.
Old 01-01-2001, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Mine's exactly 1 hr different.

If it is the clock I am thinking of, it is not an ETA indicator. Manual says you can reset, as you said. Unfortunately, the command is not in the menu they say it is, huh? I have not gotten to it over the past 2 months. Been having too much fun and I figured it'd be right in the spring! Anyway, I plan on asking my dealer soon. I'll try to remember to post the answer.
Old 01-01-2001, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

You sure you're not looking at the ETA time?
Old 01-02-2001, 10:24 AM

Default Re: Newbie question on Audi navigation system clock

Thanks to all for you help. It is the ETA display I was looking, duh! Audi could sure do a better job on the manual for the Navigation System.